Friday, July 11, 2008

Thoughts for Today

I received a phone call from my mother saying that my sister was in the hospital. Mom of course did not mention why. I walked in the room only to see her face red and blue and black. Black and blue from the hits she received and red due to the dried blood. That was not my sister. What happened? From what I was told, her boyfriend used her as a punching bag. He was very close to killing her. When the police questioned her, she did not say any names. She stayed quiet and when they tried to reason with her, she didn't want to turn him in.

I love him was her reason. Can I buy a clue instead of a vowel? It didn't matter to me if the police got him or not. I was going to handle it my own way and my sister knew what I would do and she begged me not to do anything. We were in 20th street park. I or maybe someone else grabbed a bat and hit him right in his leg and then his right and left knee. Both were broken. Then I or someone else said that if you ever touch her again, I'm going to kill you. Walked away and went back to the hospital. Two things happened after that event. One - I ended up in jail. Two she went back to him? Are you kidding me? Are you serious? Did she just go back with him? After he damn near beat her bad enough that she had to remain in the hospital for a few days, are you kidding me? ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just what happened and I found that out while I was locked up. I should have listened to my wife who told me not to get involved. I couldn't help it, it was my sister. What else am I suppose to do? She went back to him. I realized that all a man needed to do was to say I"m sorry babe, I'll never do it again and bring flowers and candy or drugs because you had to be on something to accept a man back after he beat you as if you were a man. Amazing that some woman think that love = hitting. If any man loves his woman, he wouldn't hurt her and yes I know that some men just have issues but don't take those issues out on your woman. I'm sorry but some woman can be so stupid and if you get hit again well, you deserve it and you know what, he ended up hitting her again. I didn't get involved this time and she turned him in and left him and never looked back. I wish I could say that was the last guy to hit her. It's as if she is a magnet for that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I will be updating my blog every single day. I used to post news everyday but the weekends but I have so much on my mind that I feel getting it out makes me feel better. In my next blog, I will talk about the day my grandmother died and how my uncle stole all her money...........I love my family.........

OH before I forget. Props to Lil, thank you very much for your words. It truly touched my heart. Thank you.

No comments: