Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thoughts for Today

I have a great Idea in order to see new content. Why don't I with all my fancy gear. My Kings Defender change my name and join another guild? Well, I won't lie to you. During my Wow days I was invited to join a few guilds that were in content I wanted to see and while the thought did cross my mind, I put it on the back burner. I was even told that I should change my name and I should leave the guild. The offer was there on the table. For a time I didn't log onto my Warrior unless we raided. I mentioned that after Gruul's Lair I would look at all of my options. When it came down to it, Loyalty won me over.

I don't fault anyone for leaving a guild to see more content. Hell it's your $15.00 a month that you pay with money you earn. Screw anyone who acts like a child that never speaks to you again for leaving a guild. If it was a free game that you didn't have to pay for, then who cares. It's a paying game folks. If you are happy with wearing the same gear and slow progression then you belong in a casual guild. If you are not happy and want to join a guild that is raiding at the level you feel comfortable with, then leave and apply to a guild that is already in content that you feel you belong in. Put it this way...

A Boxer first starts off in a gym. He gets a trainer. The trainer can only take him so far. Other trainers can move him up the ladder and show him new things. How long do you think that boxer will remain with his first trainer? If he values his career then he would split after seeing he will go nowhere. When I say this, I'm not talking about any Guild. I'm not making reference to any Guild. I want to be clear about that. I'm saying I'm not faulting anyone for leaving a guild to join a guild in order to see more content. Like I said it's your $15.00. In my case when it came down to it. I think as mentioned I was just bored with the game. Hitman, Zag, and Rebel have done a great Job moving things forward. Hitman setup the schedule which I mentioned to him that it looked great but sadly internally I was already frustrated with the game. I made a post about it in the officers area. I even mentioned that I was close to quitting.

It did not take much for me to quit the game. I left my email in the officers area so that anyone can contact me. Sadly, nobody has which is fine. Rebel was the only one who replied to my post, which is also fine. I don't expect a going away party but not not having anyone contact me to even say good-bye was kinda sad but oh well. I guess most of us were only friends because we shared the same game.

So why didn't I change my name and join another guild. I guess that's now the rumor of why I left. Well I like I said, I was offered a spot in several guilds. You do make friends in this game if you have been apart of the game as long as I have. Anyway, I was offered a spot. Not main tank spot but a spot and was told that I would get geared quickly, all I had to do was quit Dragonsbane. I mentioned my friends and what was said to me was " Well is your friends paying for your account " The pressure was indeed on. In the past I left a guild because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and would rather not cause division. Many do not know or I'm shocked have not asked yet but back in the day, Hitman (you know him as Funkadelly) had a guild called POD. Pack of Destroyers. POD came all the way from Quake 1 to Urban Terror Http://www.urbanterror.net and then to world of warcraft. I was with Hitman during all those years. I would say more than 10 years. Same with Weirda aka Blondie and her husband Joven.

Quake 1 was slowly dying and thus I checked out urban terror. Trinidad was was never into quake 1 did check out urban terror. A few from quake 1 like Twist or RED aka Powerslave also checked out urban terror. Addicted, you might remember him as PODvatoloco who later changed his name to Iamvatolcoco joined us in urban terror. We met Blmp, Rebel, Leakywart, and many others during our urban terror days. Sometime During our Urban Terror days I think it was Rebel who found World of Warcraft. We didn't really see him again unless we had an Urban Terror Match. I remember saying that I wouldn't never pay for an online game. Addicted tried World of Warcraft and said how tight it was. Soon Everyone left for World of Warcraft. Blmp stayed behind and didn't get the game just yet. During that time Blmp did get a counter strike server but that never took off.

Blmp was still paying Urban and I did find the time to join him and play a few when I finally left for World of Warcraft. Blmp joined the darkside. POD was now playing World of Warcraft. Because Rebel, Hitman, and Addicted were already playing, I was way behind in terms of where they were. Gear, level, etc..

Because the game had an economy, gold, and greed. It brought the worst out in some people. There was Drama behind the scenes between Trinidad and Leaky over Gold and it wasn't even that much gold. Long story short, I ended up leaving the guild mainly because of Leaky. I didn't want to cause Drama within the guild so I left and never gave a reason. Some in the guild knew why I did and others well were left in the dark. I never said much and some often wondered why I did. Addicted also left the guild and Bonded was formed shortly after. Hitman and Leaky left the server. Rebel went back to Horde. Nobody was speaking to each other.

Amazing that all adults would stop talking to each other over a game. I don't know if it was pride. I don't know what it was, all I know it was because of a game and it was a stupid reason for friendship to end. I never had a problem with Hitman, I only had a problem with Leaky. Trinidad and Leaky I guess patched things up when Trini created a toon on Norgannon Server. After sometime Leaky and Hitman started to have issues. I won't go into detail about that. That's none of your bizwax. I called Hitman who finally knew the entire story of why I left POD in the first place. Addicted also called him but from what I was told it wasn't a easy phone call. Hitman came back to our Server, Rebel who left horde joined Bonded, Blmp was already there and the rest is history. Now it's all peaches and cream.

This brings us up to date and yes I did leave many things out simply because it doesn't matter. After several years of doing the same thing over and over, the game finally got to me and yes I would love to see more content. There isn't one person who wouldn't but I'm not about to change my name. That is a rumor plain and simple. I did consider the name change thing simply because of the pressure I was receiving from other guilds. Vato was the first who made this comment. That the true epics are the friends you make in the game. That in this game is the best comment ever made. So no, I'm not changing my name. I'm not coming back at this time to the game.

I don't know if anyone is going to contact me and if they don't then I realize where they stand and maybe people were only my friends because of the game. If that's the case, then it wouldn't be that hard to say Good-Bye. So, unless you hear it directly from my mouth. I'm not changing my name to Join another Guild. I did consider it but did not follow through simply because I'm sick of the game at this point in time and because of the friends I think I have in the game. Will I return, as mentioned maybe when the expansion comes out I may return or just quit and never return. If I was a betting man, I would bet on the not returning. Yes I know considering the name change may sound like a contradiction but in reality it's not. It was suggested to me and I considered it and did not and will not follow through with it. Saying that I'm going to do it and considering it are two different things. That's what I mean by rumor. Imagine if someone offered you a job that paid triple what you earned at your current job? Would you take it, would you consider it? Would your boss fire you because you did consider it? No reasonable person would fire you. I'll give you a hint, Guilds that are currently in Black Temple offered but I did not accept. Nor did I accept the name change. I just quit nothing more nothing less so NO more rumors. You heard it from the horses mouth .....Till tomorrow, this is my thoughts for today....

DYCE

No comments: