Friday, July 18, 2008

My Thoughts for Today

Well folks so far I've shared many things. I want to thank Alan for that wonderful website. It's very hard at times to explain John 1:1 but I hope that the information provided helped some to examine for themselves not only that scripture but also others that will show you why Jesus and God are different.

Today I will go back on family. Please realize that because I share this, its helping me in ways I guess some may or may not understand. I'm very proud of where I am today and thankful that I'm still alive today. It's not easy to live the kind of life I had but in ways I guess I'm glad I've gone through it simply because I know which roads to keep my kids off of. My sister and I both went down the wrong path. Both my other brothers did not go down the wrong path.

Since my Brother Mario was born retarded he had special needs. It was hard for him to learn anything. He had trouble with math, reading, spelling, etc...He had the mind of a 6 year old. It didn't help that my mother had issues and couldn't teach him anything. My father as mentioned was always in and out of jail, then died. He never helped my brother. Nobody did. My brother was very close to my mom. He was always by her side. Everywhere she would go, he would go. He was very attached. When my brother got older of course his mind improved a bit but he still had the mind of a child. I remember his first Girlfriend. I even remember how they met. I don't remember her name though.

We were walking down mission street when this car came near us. I yelled out since my brother was shy and I told my brother to talk to her. He didn't want to at first but he came around when I broke the ice with joke. It worked and they started going out. My mom didn't know what was going on, she just thought he went to the park everyday to play. I guess she knew there was something different about Mario but she didn't care. I respected her for that but when my mom found out oh man she was pissed. She demanded that my brother stop seeing her. My brother received SSI checks from the government because of his sickness. My mom thought that all she wanted my brother for was the checks he received.

They broke up after my mom asked my brother if they could meet. She came and my mom came after her with a knife. They broke up after that. My brother was alone and sad but he did meet this other girl. Her name was Rosemary. I know she feel in love with my brother. I don't recall how they met, I'll have to ask them again when I see them. A few posts ago I mentioned that my brother was married and had two kids. This was the girl he married. My mom of course did not approve but I warned her not to come around. My brother didn't want to stop seeing her and would sneak out the house. Keep in mind that while all this is going on my brother is over 18. It's because his mind is child like and I understand that my mom was just trying to protect him but everyone deserves love if they can find it.

I remember what it was like the day it happened. My brother never came home one night. My mother called the police. They were looking for him. I had to show my mom where he was because she was very worried. I told her he was ok. My brother had moved in with Rosemary. My mom tried and tried but because he was of legal age, there was nothing she could do to remove him from Rosemary. What happened next I call the dark ages. Rosemary without letting anyone know moved out of San Francisco with my brother. She removed my mom's name from his checks. What happened next, I don't know and the reason is, my brother moved and didn't tell anyone. Ten years went by before I found my brother. Durning those years my mom gave up trying to find him. My brother and I at times would just drive around looking for him. 10 years I kid you not. We didn't know if he was dead or alive. Nobody knew where he was. As mentioned I found him. How I found him was interesting.

I'll explain that tomorrow.......Till then, this is my thoughts for today.

No comments: