Monday, July 21, 2008

My Thoughts for Today

Yeah Yeah I know, you want all the juicy stuff that went on in my life. I'll get back on point tomorrow. Today I wanted to continue my discussion of what I call the blame game. Yesterday I felt that I cleared up what some may view as the blame game. As mentioned I don't blame anyone for my actions. Funk has done the best he could as well as Rebel with the kind of Guild they have. There is a reason why some guilds are still around when TBC was released. Progression is the key in any guild. If you stop moving forward or continue to run the same content, people will leave. Trust me they will leave. Reason I know this is because I heard that song before. What will happen? If they don't leave at that moment, they will leave sooner or later.

It will start by those MIA. Meaning that those normally who showed up for raids won't sign up anymore or just won't log on while the raid is going on. Then when the raid has started, log on and act as if they are late or won't log on at all. The other way is those who used to go on raids, start going with other guilds. The more this person starts to go, the less you will see this person in your raids or should I say sign up for your raids. Then you wonder what happened or you remove them from the guild simply because they wanted to improve their toon and see more content. Like I said it's their $15.00 that they pay or their parents pay each month. If any guild cannot provide or meet what your needs are then you have every right to go where you will be improved. You have every right to go where you feel there is progression. You have every right to do what ever you feel is right for your toon. Like I said, this is a paying game and if people fail to speak to you over a game then they were not your friends. They were associates who pretended to be friends.

I love when people say " Oh he used us for Gear " because let me get this straight, didn't you also use that person to help you? Yes you did. Most people are in it because of gear and who cares if that is their purpose for remaining with a guild. They are helping you and you are helping them. It's a two way street. The problem is when someone only uses a guild for gear and leaves after he got what he wanted but if a person stays with a guild in hopes of progression and nothing happens, can you blame anyone? Can you blame the person for leaving? Like I said it's real money that pays for this game. Why would you stay anywhere or in any guild that isn't providing progression. Pball said it, Mandy said it, Waseem said it, Kyky said it, Pagamay said it, and so many others. Problem is, we didn't see the writing on the wall.

Mistakes were this - our MC days were hot. We cleared MC faster than anyone on our server. We had the most members in our guild and the reason is due to one person only and all credit should and will go to this person. Vato

Say what you wish but there were results. When we started MC we didn't have the members or should I say numbers but it was Vato who spoke and made arrangements with other guilds that sooner or later merged with Bonded. We were running MC but we partnered with another guild who wanted us to merge with them. That was WOTC. Wolves of the Calla. We didn't want that but we had no choice but to go with them and they had no choice to go with us. Both of us didn't have the numbers but it was Vato who spoke to NC-17 and Excertus I think I spelled that right and got them to merge with us. We cleared MC in record time. Vato took care of the raid and I took care of the loot system which was a pain and I feel was worse than the raid itself.

When TBC came out, I was a bit upset because I always wanted to see BWL and Naxx and even AQ40. Oh well, it was time to move on. The guild was strong but we didn't know what was about to hit us. Many reached 70 but we continued to hold hands and help others level so we can all make to 70. Because of that and raiding didn't even start, many and I mean many left. We should have started raiding as soon as possible and I did push everyone to get their keys which some felt we were going into Kara to soon. I didn't think that way. Kara was even done in blues so no, I didn't think that way but I think most of our success in the early days was due to Vato. He was more direct and I was always trying to find solutions.

It wasn't till Vato left the game that I became more direct and to the point. No longer was I keeping my mouth quiet about how I felt. I became outspoken. Hell after seeing our core fall apart something needed to change but I was to stressed out in life because of the game I had enough. Would I make a good Guild Leader now? Hard to say because a leader is as good as the team he has. Like I said, everyone in the guild needs to have the same goals. Do you want to be End Game? Then things need to change. Want to see more content? Then things need to change. What to continue progression? Then things need to change. It is easy to point fingers but the truth is this. You can't force anyone to do anything in game. There is a reason why you need like minded players. There is a reason you should get players in your own time zone. There is a reason why age is a factor. There is a reason why others are successful. They have an organized formula that is working and I can promise you that unless you start to change, you will find youself in another expansion doing the same thing as you did in this expansion.

I say this from experience. I lived it, seen it, done it. As the saying goes, I've been there and done that. Raiding not only has to fit your schedule but also has to fit your members schedule or you will always find yourself looking for players to do 25man raids. Once a player says I cannot make those times well, then it's a player that cannot help you in End Game. He will not help progression. Let him or her go or place him or her in a casual rank since he or she cannot help your cause. The game is End Game and how to get there. This is one of many ways to do so....Till then, this is my thoughts for today.

No comments: