Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My thoughts for today

Well, I thought I could upload the video of Heaven can wait today but it's going to take a bit longer than I thought. I have to rip it from a DVD to AVI which I did but I opened the video this morning to make sure it played and it didn't. I will work on that today so let me just say I'll have it done this week. Thank you Choco for getting me the video.

I was asked in email what game do I play now. Well, If you had a chance to look at my previous posts I mentioned Urban Terror. I have returned to Urban. Http://www.urbanterror.net

It's a free game that most of wow players came from. I have returned to that game. I also play COD Four and my Xbox360. I'm a huge fan of RockBand. It's a great drinking game. I don't drink that much anymore but every let's say month or every other month I have a few beers. Back in the day I used to drink everyday. Then I got a job and that turned into every weekend. My favorite drink was old english 800. I loved it. Some might say that's nasty but it was my drink. It was the drink I had while in a gang, it was the drink I had while out of the gang. It was my friend.

Because of Alcohol and my actions I received two DUI's. The first DUI I received went like this. I was out with a friend. I can't remember where we went but I was very drunk. Instead of coming home I went to a park which is about two or three blocks away from home. While going to the park I hit a parked car. I got out the car, took a piss, and sat back in the car waiting for the others to get done taking their piss. When we were about the leave the Cops came. LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS. I was no stranger to jail. They took me to the police station, then 850 Bryant which is like the main jail here in San Francisco. They impounded my car. I didn't have a license at time so they had me on that as well.

I didn't remember where we went that night but I do remember what happened after I got busted. So off to the station we went. They took another test to see how much alcohol I had. Of course I failed, I was way over the legal limit. I wasn't scared or worried I didn't care. I've been locked up most of my life so I was used to it. At the station they take fingerprints, check for any warrants you might have, and then take you to the cell. I sat there for 15 minutes before they took me down to 850. They took me to the 6th Floor to a privite room where I had to remove all that I had on. They ask you to grab your cheeks and cough. You know, it feels weird having a guy look down your butt crack while your coughing. I couldn't help it so I cut one while he was looking. LOL

He wasn't standing right at my behind he was at a distance but I thought it was funny. He didn't tink it was funny. So I put all my clothes on and then they put you in the tank. The tank is a room where everyone is in. They put you in the tank before they put you in the cell. After about 6 hours off to the cell I went. Bad thing it was the weekend so I had to spend the entire weekend locked up. On Monday I went to court. They let me out. I was free but there were conditions. They asked me to complete a three month program. Then apply for a license. I was also on probation again. First thing I did was to head to the store to purchase beer for later on. I needed to celebrate that I was free. The reason they let me go so quick was because it was full.

Thank God for criminals. I did attend one class. I remember exactly what the guy told me. He said look " our bodies are here for a short time. When we are younger, we abuse our bodies. When we get older we act like we are still younger and continue to abuse it. Sooner or later it will catch up to you " I knew what he meant but I didn't take his advise. Screw him, who is he to tell me anything. He was right but what he said had meaning for my future. After class and later on that night I was hanging out again drinking my old english. I jumped in my car and wanted to race on twin peaks mountain which I did and almost flew off the moutain. If it wasn't for the rail, I would be dead or really hurt right now.

That same night after taking everyone home. I went on mission street which is a busy street but it was about 1am not so many cars on the street. I hit the gas and was speeding down mission. I think I was going about 70 down mission for about 15 to 20 blocks. It was great. I was running red lights. I was flying by green lights. I was missing cars. It was exciting. I slowed down at around 5th street but I didn't slow down fast enough because there was a cop car at the corner. I hit the gas but then stopped. I wouldn't have got away. Instead of taking me to the police station off I went to 850 Bryant. This time I wasn't going anywhere.

Each time a person is in trouble with the law, he regrets it after the fact. I just received my second DUI in less than a month but this time I was in trouble or so I thought. I am so thankful that the jail was yet again full but this time I stayed an entire week. During Court I remember looking at the judge and him saying, you need to complete a full year of DUI classes. You need to do SWAP for 30 days which means cleaning the streets or serve 30 days in jail. I need to pay this and that. It was very expensive but oh well who cares. I still didn't have license. They let me out, I was out and about again and told me that if I get in trouble again, I would be facing 1 year in jail. I still didn't learn my lesson. I was a loser that still didn't grow up. I was supposed to report in to my probation officer, I didn't do that. I was supposed to start classes, I didn't do that. I was supposed to do that, I didn't do that. So now I'm on the run with a warrant for my arrest looking at a year in jail.

I stayed out of trouble. I was still behind the wheel drinking but I didn't get drunk. Still stupid though. I was heading down a path that was predicted by my Uncle. Remember he said that we would grow up to be in jail and grow up to be nothing. I remember the police knocking at my door looking for me. I was very scared. Not scared of the police but scared because I went to prison before. I didn't want to go back. I was facing a year if not more because who knows if I would have done something else stupid. I was tired of running. All I needed to do was turn myself in and accept whatever came my way. I did just that. I want to say 5 years later or a bit less I went down one day to Swap to turn myself in. The officer said, all you have to do is start and pay the fee to start. I told him I didn't have any money on me it's at home. He said go home and get it but stay clear of trouble because if we catch you, you will go to jail and do 30 days in jail then to prison to serve the year. He gave me a break.

I went home got the money but before I returned, I signed up in the DUI classes as well and then returned to swap. The DUI classes by the way is also an entire year but I couldn't start that until my swap was done but I signed up anyway. Then I returned to SWAP. He told me then to select the days I can start. I told him weekends. So for next year I would be sweeping the streets for an entire year every weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 to 3:30 with a 30-min lunch break but before I could even do that, he told me that I needed to go too 850 which was down the street and turn myself in because of the warrant. I did just so but I was nervous. It was weird because they didn't lock me up right then and there. They gave me a court date. I showed up for my court date, it was the same judge that I had years ago. He knew exactly who I was. What was he going to do. I was nervous. He said " DYCE " of course he didn't say that but for giggles " DYCE, it's nice to see you again, tell me why right now, why I shouldn't lock you up "

I told him " I have a job that's stable, I have a son that I'm taking care of, I signed up for both DUI and SWAP, I'm just tired of running. I have to face and accept what I did and pay for my crimes, I'm here today to show you that I've changed and ready to face whatever you give me". He smiled and dropped any fines that I had. He cancelled my probation. He said to me " Complete your swap and your DUI classes and get your license and have a good day. He let me go but if I didn't complete swap then I would go to jail for only 30 days. DUI classes were up to me because he didn't care if I got a license or not. I completed both. I was very happy but boy do I have some stories about Swap....

More on this later

No comments: