Monday, July 7, 2008

Thoughts for Today

Before I continue, with today's thoughts. I want to make a point about my previous posts. I don't regret anything that happened to me. I had to go through that in order to get to this point in life. You may say no but really if life was any different for me, then I wouldn't be where I am today. I came from nothing. Today, I have four kids, a Beautiful wife, I own my house, two cars, two dogs, one cat, and a great job that pays well. In life there are no accidents, only choices. The choices a person makes in life will determine it's outcome.

I guess many have heard by now so I'll let the cat out the bag and share my thoughts on it. I have quit World of Warcraft. I guess the last straw for me was the silence I received when logging on. I thought to myself that at times silence is golden but it never hurts just to say Hi to anyone that logs on. After I made a statement about it, I log'd off. I then log'd on with another toon then people spoke to me. There was at least 17 if not more on. The fact that not one person said anything made me feel bad. It was a stupid thing to get upset about but I was already frustrated with the game and as mentioned it was the last straw for me. How was I frustrated with the game? Well, where do I start.

First - I would log on and stay log'd on and would run in circles on my mount in org or in Shatt. I would get bored. Logging on turn into just chatting. At one point the lack of assistance by some in the guild pissed me off as well. When I would ask for help, silence. You get nothing but crickets. No I don't expect people to drop what they are doing but a simple response would be nice rather than nothing at all. It's a form of dis-respect in my view not to say anything. I don't care if you don't see it that way, I see it that way. I have always tried to respond. I know others who respond to those in the guild. Even my own son was ignored and now that he isn't in the guild can walk up right next to those in the guild and those in the guild would act like they never knew him. Not everyone was like this btw. Kinda sad over a game. I often wondered if people in the game were friends only because of the game. Once you leave a guild, some people act like they don't know you anymore. That's a stupid reason to call a friendship. Trinidad left the guild simply because he was ignored. He grew to hate raiding. He hated the fact that no matter how hard we would try we would never accomplish the goal of seeing End Game. The game would continue and continue and continue. Blizzard has it setup so we are rabbits and they are holding the carrots in our face. Sadly we can never catch the carrot.

No matter how hard we try we will never catch the carrot. Yesterday I spoke to Trinidad about the game and my solutions were this. He thought I was crazy but I told him. In order to see end game content there are things in life you need to give up and everyone, at least 25 of your core players need to give up some freedom in order to accomplish the goal of seeing End Game. There is a reason why some of the top guilds on our server has progressed quickly. They have players who are in the same line of thought when it comes to the game. Each player has a goal. Let me repeat myself, each of the 25 players have a goal. That goal is to progress. If you do not have that then you will only get so far. Nobody pays $15.00 a month to try and make things happen.

You have to take control and make things happen. It should never get to a point where a raid has to be called because people didn't show up. Like I said, you have to give up some freedom in order to progress in this game. If you can't see that by now, then you are blind and will never wake up and only watch those who walk by you in gear that you wish you had. There is a difference between a raiding guild and a casual guild. If you are a casual guild then you will only get so far and you will always watch people come and go. If you are a raiding guild then don't give yourself reasons to fail. If you are a player that cannot make the raids, you take him or her out the starting line up. Select a raid time and if anyone fails to show up for a raid more than twice, I can care less if it's an officer or even the guild master, that person needs to be removed from the starting line up and placed on the bench. Put someone in place that will help you progress. Work gets in the way, you move out of the way.

If this way of thinking is to much for you, then the truth hurts but the facts are in order to progress people need to be in the same line of thought and give up their time. That's just how I see it. That's how others whom I've spoken to see it. If that doesn't happen then expect never to see other content and if you are happy with that, then don't complain and go level and alt till a raid happens.

Second - As mentioned, I was very bored of the game. Heroics are out for me. They didn't have the same thrill as they once did. I guess it's because Like Kara, you can only run the same instance over and over and over till you get bored. Hey let's Run Heroic Mech it's the daily. Who cares? It's the same over and over. It's the same with every other instance. MGT was a good instance to run but guess what, nobody ever wants to run it in heroic mode. Try hearing the same song everyday for an hour or two. I tried to level an alt but saw myself doing the same thing that I've done with three other toons. I'm sick of it all. I returned to FPS where your heart beats fast because you are the last one facing three others. You don't get that feeling in World of Warcraft. Yes defeating a boss a new boss is a great feeling. Knowing that you have to see him several 100 times before your drop happens pisses you off. Then you have to depend on others to show in order to face him sucks. $15.00 a month for stress isn't worth it to me. I grew to hate the game.

Maybe I'm just burnt out and need a break? No, I am done for now at least. Will I get the next expansion? If I can stomach the extra leveling again, maybe but who knows. Maybe it would be a temporary fix and I'm sure all my frustrations will return. I would like to thank rebel though for at least replying to my post and blmp for always hearing me and thank you blmp for the emails. Till later, this is my Thoughts....

No comments: