Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yesterday's Post

The post yesterday was a bit emotional for me. I do have a horrible past that's filled with drugs, violence, abuse, gangs, etc..

In truth, I know that I would be in jail or perhaps dead if it wasn't for Jehovah coming into my life. I would have been killed by another gang member. Maybe it could have been drugs. Maybe it could have been by someone in jail. I'm going to be 36 years old. I was shocked when I made it to 19 because I always thought that I would die.

You can't live that kind of life and expect to live. The chances are high that you will die in one way or another. In Jesse's talk he mentioned when Adam and Eve sinned, our death sentence began. Some will pass away because of age, maybe poor health, but to die because of a gun or drugs is not acceptable but it was something I expected to die from. When I say Gun I mean by another gang member or maybe someone in the same gang I was in. Who knows.

Point is in life we all have choices and the choices we make in life can hurt or help us. Jehovah again protects us when it comes to our choices. I could not be a gang member and serve Jehovah! I could not smoke whatever and serve Jehovah. I could not get drunk and serve Jehovah. Jehovah tells me through his word and his organization what protects me and how I can protect myself.

You show me a gun I will show you the bible. You show me drugs, I will share a scripture. You scream and use foul language in my face and I will continue to share the WatchTower or Awake. This is my life now. As mentioned Jesus came to Earth to preach. That was his goal. That is what he was sent here to do. He was sent to finish the work that his father Jehovah wanted him to finish. Yes he healed, yes he raised the dead, and yes he fed many but all of that was temporary. Those that were brought back to life did die again but his word stands today.

We have the joy and honor to do the same work Jesus had the honor of doing for his father which is to preach the good news of God's Kingdom. I will tell you more tomorrow just how Jehovah saved my life. Till then, have a great day.

No comments: