Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thank you all

For your wonderful comments. It really makes me feed good inside. I started this blog about a year ago and it started because I felt I had internal issues that I needed to get out but couldn't open myself up. When I spoke I felt that no one really listened. I remember when I opened up to an Elder about my issues. He gave me encouragement and spiritual insight that I needed to hear.

When I spoke with him there were things that I didn't tell him about my past. I felt that some secrets needed to stay within your family. Of course Jehovah knew but I couldn't tell anyone. If you read my past posts you will find what I'm talking about. So you don't have to search, I'll say it again.

When I was younger, my sister was molested by my little brother's father. My sister finally told my mother but my mother didn't believe her. My older brother, sister, and I share the same mother and father. Only my little brother Jesus has a different father. He was an evil man. I say was because he died sometime ago. As mentioned my sister told my mother but my mom didn't believe her and she kicked my sister out. My sister went to live with my Grandmother.

I didn't know at that time what was going on. My sister didn't say anything to us. Then I noticed that he ( little brothers father ) would come into our room and touch my older brother. It wasn't till he came to my area that I had enough courage to scream as loud as I could. When he came in to touch my brother at night, I screamed so he would leave. He would try and give me money to shut me up.

I finally told my mother. He was gone. Why my mother sided with him over my sister still bothers me today and it was one of those secrets that I kept in. I was scared to tell my mother. I was abused by her. I was hit with everything and even burned in the face. My spankings didn't happen on my behind. It happened on my face. I missed many days of school.

My mother even when as far as biting me and turning her cigarette out on my skin. Even put in a chair tied with rope just to hit me and punish me. It was very hard. I kept secrets. Little by little I let the cat out the bag and I opened myself up to some folks. I opened my heart to Jehovah and cried while doing so.

When things are bothering you or you are upset. Pray to Jehovah. Throw all your burdens on him. Give an Elder, brother or sister a call. Don't hold things in. It can eat you alive. When I let it all out, I felt so good to finally get it off my chest. All that I was feeling, all the pain. My wife was there through it all.

She was there when I placed a gun to my head ready to shoot. She was there when I sliced my hand trying to cut a vain. She has always been there for me and has cried with me. I am so thankful to have her in my life. I am so thankful that I have Jesus and Jehovah. I am thankful to have his organization who are my fellow brothers and sisters.

Every now and then when I think of the past I get upset because of the things I went through but at the same time, this is what I said to Jesse. I told him everything that I went through. I told Jesse that I love my mother very much. Yes we were abused but I'm still here and alive because of her. I can dwell on the past or look at the positive. I had clothes on my back and food on the table.

The scriptures tell us to Honor your mother and father and I have done so with my mother and I will do so with my father when he is brought back to life. When Jesse had to talk to the Elders about a private matter along time ago, he didn't want to keep secrets. It was eating him inside. He told me what he was going through and as a father I listened and gave him spiritual support. I reminded him of David.

King David loved Jehovah but took false steps that led to grave sins. This can happen to any of us, especially if he or she has authority over others. Recall the account of David Bath-sheba. David watched Bath-sheba a married woman who was taking a bath. She was married to Uriah’s.

With Uriah at war, David had Bath-sheba brought to his palace and committed adultery with her. She ended up pregnant! David sent for Uriah, hoping that he would spend the night with Bath-sheba and would consider the child his own. Though David got him drunk, Uriah refused to sleep with her. Now desperate, David sent the commander Joab secret orders to put Uriah in the front lines where he would be sure to die. Uriah was killed in battle, his widow observed the usual mourning period, and David married her before people became aware of her pregnancy.

Through the prophet Nathan, Jehovah exposed David’s sins. David’s sins humbled him and made him aware of the need to stay close to his compassionate God. Jehovah forgave him. There is more to the story but, isn't Jehovah a loving and merciful God? He is willing to forgive in a large way if we humble ourselves, repent, and not repeat any action that got us in trouble in the first place.

Satan is the one who wants you to feel that you will not be forgiven. If Jehovah wasn't a loving God he would have ended this system along time ago but he is giving us time to adjust ourselves spiritually so that we can meet his requirements which is found through his word the bible. We should be thankful that we have time. Time that will allow us to continue preaching to our families. Time to find other lost sheep that are of my fold. Jehovah is such a loving God. Remember to pray to him folks and pour your heart out to him.

Thanks for listening. Till tomorrow. OH wait before I forget. My wife often looks at my blog. I told her that I would post the daily text which if some are new to this blog, the daily text well, it's a text of encouragement for day. Here is today's daily text for Wednesday the 3rd for June.
.....................................................................................
You do not know what your life will be tomorrow. For you are a mist appearing for a little while and then disappearing.—Jas. 4:14.

Concern about the sanctification of Jehovah’s holy name helped Jesus to be prepared for the trials he faced. In fact, he taught his followers that their prayers to God should include the request: “Let your name be sanctified.” (Matt. 6:9)

If we deeply desire that Jehovah’s name be sanctified, or held sacred, we will strive to avoid doing anything that would bring reproach upon it. As a result, we will be better prepared for the great day of Jehovah.

If Jehovah’s day comes tomorrow, will you really be ready for it? Each of us would do well to examine his or her life to see if any actions or attitudes need to be adjusted. In view of the brevity and uncertainty of present human life, every one of us needs to be spiritually alert each day.
.....................................................................................
Next week's talk is titled " How Should Christians Exercise Authority? "
That talk will be handled by an Elder if I'm not Mistaken. I'll take notes and post it here. I'm also looking into posting Audio. I didn't get to record Jesse's talk yesterday but I have my recorder ready. Till tomorrow. Have a Great Day!!!

No comments: