Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday

My apologies yesterday was very busy. I have what I was going to post today at home so I will post that tomorrow. Yesterday I was a bit upset at my daughter because of what she caused. Let me fill you in.

My little girl likes to climb everything. I often worry and I tell my wife to make sure she doesn't climb because if she looses her balance she can get hurt. So far she hasn't which is a good thing but its only a matter of time.

She likes to climb my desk which has very expensive items. My computer was custom made and is about $2500.00. My screen is a 30-inch screen which at the time was about $3000.00 so I told my wife to make sure she doesn't climb because I don't want her to hurt herself or break something. Sure enough I come home yesterday and my wife says " I have something to tell you " I said " What " She said " Nevaeh was on your desk and she dropped your screen " Nevaeh at the time was sleeping. I walked over to her to make sure she was ok then I was a bit upset but didn't know if it was damaged so I turned it on.

Crack right on the display. I got up and walked away. I was upset because really it didn't need to happen. While cleaning up Nevaeh wakes and looks at me. I couldn't help but smile at her and give her a big hug and a kiss and I started playing with her. I felt better. I wasn't upset at her, I was upset that it happened but there is nothing I can do because what happened well, happened but her little smile made my day.

How can anyone be upset at anything when your kids smile at you? I couldn't and it made my heart melt. I felt better. I didn't care that $3000.00 screen was down the drain. Her smile was worth way more than that. I learned that while we will get upset over our material being broken we must understand that most of the time when our items break it's an accident. Nobody means for bad things to happen but they do.

Anyway, till tomorrow. Everyone have a great day.

No comments: