Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday

Talk about being tried. I only had one hour sleep so far. I'm working on a project that requires my attention and sadly I cannot rest till it's complete. I work very hard. More than most and others work harder than I do. I guess it's just the way that I am. When your mind if focused on one thing, you have to see it through. That's how I feel about the truth. The world and its temptations are nothing but distractions that want to block you from the truth. Life slaps you in the face and tries to convince you that you are to busy to do your studies. You are to busy to go out in service. You are to busy for family study or personal study.

Satan's world is full of distractions. I recall telling a brother one time who didn't develop the habit of a personal study. I gave the illustration about food and how you cannot go one day without eating. Well we need our spiritual food as well. He understood but always said he didn't have time. So I asked, how many hours in the day? 24 he replied so then I asked do you think it's possible that maybe out of the hours that you are awake lets say the first hour, give ten minutes to Jehovah. Just ten minutes. Then the next hour comes, give another 10. Next hour another 10. In three hours you would have given 30 minutes of your time to Jehovah. In 6 hours you gave an hour. Jehovah doesn't expect more than what we can do that is a true statement but if you can't give to Jehovah and allow the world to get in your way of personal study, meeting attendance, and preparation for the Watchtower then really your starving and not feeding yourself with spiritual food. Your not shielding yourself with spiritual armor so when your weak because you haven't taken in any spiritual food and can't even put on the armor, guess who is going to attack you.

The scriptures speak of Satan as a lion seeking to devour someone. That is a fitting description and reminds me of an illustration in connection with Satan and a lion who seeks to devour. Gods word tells us in in 1st Peter chapter 5 verse 8 to keep our senses, to be watchful. How can we do that if we allow ourselves to be influenced or distracted with the world. It calls Satan adversary. He is looking to devour someone. Not just anyone but someone in Jehovah's Organization. Satan doesn't have to try hard to get those in the world, he already has them. He wants want belongs to Jehovah. He wanted it back in the Garden of Eden and he still wants it today. Nothing makes Satan more happy than turning a brother, a sister, and a bible student away from the truth. Satan is a liar who has lied from the start. He has been exposed. We know all his tricks. With Jehovah's help we can resist Satan and his attacks. A lie can never expose the truth but the truth can expose a lie. Satan is the father of the lie who will try and convince you that the world we live in today is fine. He will try and convince you that you don't need Jehovah. You don't need to pray, Satan will try to convince you of those things. He will distract you so you will stop doing and applying the things you learned.

Jehovah saved my life in so many ways. He saved my marriage. I owe everything to him and without him I am lost. I am nothing but he see's value in me. He see's value in you. He didn't send his son to die in our behalf because he hates us. He sent his son to give us a second change. All he asks is that we listen to him. Pray to him and thank him for all that you have. All that you are. All that you want to be.

Have a great weekend.