Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday

It's hard to imagine that it's already Thursday. This week is going by fast. I'm very tired and having trouble sleeping. Jesse is sick and has been since last Friday. I took him to the Doctors and I may take him again if he doesn't improve. It started on Friday he was out running and when he came home he felt sick.

His temperature hit 101 and 102 and has remained that way. So I took him to the Doctors after seeing him shake and not eat. They looked at him and said he has a fever and that it should go away. They recommended that I just give him some over the counter meds.

Last night he was still sick with a temperature of 101/102. I said to myself that if he doesn't improve by today that I would take him to the emergency. He came into my room at about 6:15. He was going to take a shower. He was feeling a little better or so I thought.

Because I couldn't sleep after he came into the room. I got up and went to the bathroom to bush my teeth and get ready for work. He was sitting on the toilet naked, shaking. He started to feel bad but his temperature was good because of the shower. I advised him that if he was going to take a shower, make sure it's not cold. You need your body to be hot to fight off what's in it. That's why it gets hot.

He took a warm shower. He went back to bed. I got him some fruit to eat, gave him some meds, and something to drink. I took his temperature again and he went back up to 101. He went to sleep. I called home to check on him and he did get up telling my wife that he felt a little better but that he was going back to sleep.

That's where we are now. Jesse for those who don't know is my first born. My baby. I love him so much and I'm very proud of him. I think at times I take for granted the fact that he is there meaning he loves basketball, I should play it more with him. I did try but I got dizzy after about 10 minutes. I'm not in bad shape but I'm not in the best shape. I'm not big and my weight is about 175/178. I used to be 197 but my wife put me on a diet.

Anyway, Jesse is a special kid. A respect kid not only to us but to those in the world and of course his fellow brothers and sisters. I can't imagine life without him. Jehovah is the only key, the only option we have. Peter said to Jesus, where are we to go, you have sayings of everlasting life. That is true. There isn't anything any of us can do. Jehovah is the only key the life.

I really hope that those I know who aren't in the truth can somehow open their eyes and trust me to at least allow me a chance to read to them scripture. One chance to study with them in the book " What does the Bible Really Teach " Just one chance. Just a chance to complete the book so that there is some understanding of the bible.

Not everyone who reads the bible, understands the bible. I wasn't born a witness, I became a witness. I was around the bible my entire life. I did not understand the bible. There is a basic bible teaching and deeper things of the bible. It's not just a book that anyone can read. Many do not understand what is taught in the bible.

Take for example Genesis 3:15 as mentioned yesterday. How many knew that it was the very first prophecy? How many understood the prophecy? Just one chance is all I ask.

I just received a cellphone call from my wife. Jesse needs to go too the hospital.

No comments: