Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday

My apologies again it's been very busy for me. Next month my the new addition to the family will be here. My little boy Joshua. I was always taught that you shouldn't get your hopes up high. When we first found out that we were having a baby I was a bit nervous because we had lost a baby as well.

My wife and I were so hurt because we were so excited to have another baby. They couldn't explain why the baby's neck was swollen. I remember the call clearly. I was at work and she just went for her regular check up. They couldn't find the heart beat. They did an ultrasound and found that the baby's heart wasn't beating anymore and that the neck looked swollen. Our baby was dead.

My wife called me crying. I knew from the moment I heard her on the phone that we lost the baby. It was very hard for us. We did have another baby but we always felt that something was missing. Sadly and I don't know if my wife knows this. Maybe I don't mention it because I don't want to hurt her or bring up the past but there isn't anything that is going to replace what could have been.

The thoughts that go through my mind is " I wonder who the baby would have looked like " I wonder what the first word would be " To wonder these things at times makes me sad.

I mentioned a few posts ago on how Jehovah shows us that he loves us. Well, one way is his original purpose which was to pro-create. The fact that he allows us to have children is a blessing. The Earth that he gave us. Life itself. So many things that he has given us that shows that he loves us.

Each time I had a child, I always thanked Jehovah. It's easy to think of the things we lose in life, lets think of the good things that we have now. Have a great day!!!

No comments: