Monday, June 15, 2009

Sad to be away from those we love

I've read a few things over the last few weeks that has made me sad in many ways. First let me say that I have always had my wife there. Even the times when I was away from her, she was always there. When I say away from her, I mean when I was younger and locked up behind bars but even then she was always there and I knew she would be there when I was released.

I recall reading experiences from Brothers who were locked up for years and years away from those they love because they were witnesses. This still goes on today. The best advise I can give is to place your trust in Jehovah. Not just parts of it but all of it. Recall the experience of Karen Malone who at the end of all the issues she went through, her and her husband both were in the truth who had children in the truth and were happy.

I know there really isn't no easy answers when you are away from those you love just have comfort in knowing that this family, the Rivera family loves you very much and that we are proud of you. Those that are reading are wondering what this is about. As you can tell this post is more personal.

For those reading, there is a very special person who wants to become a witness but is receiving family opposition but like Job isn't allowing anything to come between a relationship with Jehovah. It's amazing to me because really what do Jehovah's witnesses do? We follow scripture. We apply scripture. We study. We teach others. This is reflected in our lives, our conduct. It shows on how we treat others. Witnesses don't do drugs, we don't smoke, we don't fornicate, we don't get drunk, we are the opposite when it comes to the world and what they practice.

I personally think it's a misunderstanding when it comes to witnesses that people judge who we are before they truly understand who we are. It's tradition that people can't let go. It's Satan who blinds the minds. It could be many things. I lost many in my life because I became a witness. As I said my brother and I haven't spoken because of it. I still till this day don't understand that. Why can't you be happy for me. I'm happy and that's all that should matter.

Job is a an example to us all. He endured and in the end was blessed because he did indeed keep his Integrity. I hope these words will encourage you. I hope that time does indeed fly by. We miss and love you very much and you know who you are. Matter of fact, I miss your whole family and I hope that someday their eyes will be opened. I hope and pray that something in their hearts will show them that this is the truth. I would not be here if it wasn't the truth. I would not share with others if it wasn't the truth. I would not risk my life each time in service if it wasn't the truth. There are stories of brothers and sisters getting hurt and even killed because they discuss the Kingdom.

We do this because we love Jehovah and respect the requirement to preach and teach others. Know that we pray often for you and your family. You are not alone. Let me repeat, You are not alone. You are loved. You are a gift and really we are blessed to know you and have you in our lives.

Till tomorrow. Have a great day. Keep your heads up!!!

No comments: