Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday

To many emotions at the moment. I woke up around 2:30 and had trouble sleeping. I kept thinking about my mother. She's been in the hospital for sometime now and I'm hoping she gets better. I miss my father. I miss him very much.

I wish he never took drugs. He would still be alive today if it wasn't for drugs. I know that in the future he will return and that I will see him again but it's times like this that I wish I just had his shoulder.

I talked about depression and how many things can lead one to become depressed. I have mixed emotions which drives me crazy sometimes. I can be sad one minute, angry the next, and happy the next.

There are things that I am thankful for. I'm so happy that I can turn my wife and kids. I am happy that I can turn to my brothers and sisters. Of course, Jehovah who I know listens because he is the hearer of prayers. I'm so glad we can turn to him and we should even if its to say " Thank you for showing me mercy " or " Thank you for listening to my heartfelt prayer " It can be anything but you can't pray to win the lotto. You can't pray to win on a slot machine.

Prayer helps you to stop and think when making decisions. Remember, Jesus spent a whole night in prayer prior to choosing his apostles. Daily you are faced with decisions that affect yourself, your family, your brothers and your relation to God. It is appropriate to ask for direction to do God’s will. Then when you know what is pleasing to him, act decisively and with confidence that you are doing what is right.

Never hesitate to pray to keep spiritually alive. Our expressing ourselves in this vein will keep us alert to ways to maintain our spirituality. You are aware of your physical needs such as food, sleep, work and recreation. However, the spiritual needs can easily be neglected, such as the need to pray, to study God’s Word and to share it with others.

Pray for holy spirit. Jesus recommended doing just that: “How much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!” Pray for it, rely on it, work for the fruitage of the spirit, for it will motivate you to preach the Kingdom good news. Just think what would be accomplished by a free flow of the holy spirit in each one’s life, helping one to grow in love, goodness and righteousness, and protecting one from being infected with the spirit of the world.

This world is sick. This world is infected with sin and there is no man made cure that can solve it. I hate what Adam and Eve has caused. Because of them, my mother sits in a hospital. We would all be healthy today if it wasn't for them. We wouldn't have to worry about death if it wasn't for them. All Eve had to do was say NO!!! " Jehovah said not to eat.

Kinda like " Don't push the red button " Why do we push? Just listen. Eve should have listened. Adam should have listened. Thank Jehovah each day that he sent his son to die for us. He made a way out. This is the part where I'm happy because at least if something does happen to her, she will be alive in the new system. She will be healthy.

Folks Have a Great Long Weekend. Please remember to be safe. Please use wisdom and remember that you can be hurt by others. Be Safe........

No comments: