Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Part 2

I had to talk about this before I forget. Yes I could have typed it later but it was very important to me that I felt I needed to type it today. My wife made a new friend with a woman from Ebay. They were very close and have been for months.

My wife would even preach to her and everything was great until the woman showed her true colors as my wife calls it. Now, there is two sides to every story so I had to see email exchanges back and forth to see what was said before I said anything to my wife. Based on the email exchanges I saw that my wife was correct and reminder her to be kind which she was but at times when people are upset, they said say things they don't mean so I reminded her to make sure she reads what she types before she responds.

I guess I didn't have to say that because my wife was trying to reason on the issue and responded in kind words. Although it didn't help the other woman stood her ground. My wife then said " I guess she showed her true colors "

She brought up friends that I've had back in the day and how they always said they loved me. We were brothers but simple disagreements often cause that friendship to go down the drain. I lost most if not all of my friends because I would not budge on what I believe in. I just won't. Put it this way and this is a simple test to see if they are you friends.

If you can talk to them about Jehovah and they will listen, he or she might turn out to be a good friend. If they talk bad about Jehovah well can you really call them your friend? Put it this way if you had a friend and you start to talk about your mother or father and your friend says " Man you always talk about them, I hate it already " If you heard them say that about your parents would you really consider them your friends? Isn't Jehovah our father? Still with me?

I lost all my friends for the most part because I couldn't talk about my father. Picture myself and one of my old friends walking down the street. I see Jesus who is dear to me a close friend. I go over to see him with my friend. Jesus starts to talk about his father. If my friend said " Man not him to, he is talking about the same person you're talking about, I hate it" Wouldn't you feel shame that you brought this person around Jesus and this person said that?

Can't Jesus see us now????????

So who really is our friend? Can it be with anyone in the world. Can it? What does light have in common with day? What does evil have in common with good? Scriptures tell us that you cannot slave for two masters. You just can't. You are a slave to Jehovah or you are a slave to Satan. There is no middle. Your actions determine who you slave for. Again there is no middle. Your conduct determines who you slave for. Again there is no middle.

Which team do you play for? Which side are you on? What you do in your personal life and who you select as friends shows which side you are on. How can that be? Like I said if you cannot talk about Jehovah well is that a side I want to be on? If I know my friends smoke weed and I go over there all the time do you think that's a place Jehovah would approve of?

If I go to my friends house and my friends always get drunk, is that a place Jehovah would approve of? If I go to my friends house and all my friends so is use foul language all the time, is that a place Jehovah would approve of?

Don't fool yourselves. Bad association spoils what? It spoils useful habits. There is a chance that because I am around the weed, around the alcohol, around the foul language, that it will and can rub off on me. It will. It's been proven that it has. How so?

Think of anyone that may speak a certain way or use a phrase often. You will start to say the same thing because you are around it likewise negative association will make you negative. We are not immune to anything in this system of things. So when wife said those things about her friend. I just told her " What do you expect "

Anyway, thx for listening to this short part 2 version. Have a great day.

No comments: