Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful and safe weekend. I stayed home and worked on getting my house prepared for Joshua. It was funny because I started at 11:30pm and ended at 8:30 in the morning. I was very sleepy but got it done.

Yesterday I got my slip on which talk I'm going to have. It's the week of August 24th which is Where to find comfort. I already started working on it. This is what I got so far. I haven't timed it so I don't know the time so its a work in progress
........................................................................................
Everyone has days when they feel they can't cope. Sometimes there's a specific reason - money worries, difficulties with health or problems at work - sometimes it's harder to put your finger on the cause. We may feel sad or lonely. We may wonder if anyone loves us. It's all too easy to get caught in a spiral of unhappiness, and feel there's no escape. Where can we find comfort?
Open your bibles to Psalm chapter 27:10. Notice what is mentioned there. That’s Psalm chapter 27 and verse 10 – and it reads: In case my own father and my own mother did leave me, Even Jehovah himself would take me up.

No matter what happens Jehovah himself would take us up. Question is, do we pray to Jehovah for comfort? Do we pray for his holy spirit? Do we forget that he is there to listen to us when we have these problems? Isaiah chapter 49 verse 15 states that Jehovah will not forget us so let’s not forget Jehovah.

In this system of things Satan will make trouble for us. We will be tested. Jesus himself was tested. At Matthew chapter 27 verse 46 Jesus cried out to Jehovah asking “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Even though Jesus was suffering, he knew that Jehovah loved him. He knew that Jehovah allows his servants to be tested. It’s the same with us today, which is why we need to rely on Jehovah.

Let’s not get lost in this system of things with all its issues. Reminds me of a story that Jesus told, A story about a shepherd who had a hundred sheep but, one of them got lost. It’s possible that it wanted to see what was on the other side of the hill. So off the sheep went but because it wondered off, the sheep was now lost. Imagine how that sheep felt when it realized that it was all alone.

What did the shepherd do? Let’s read that account, please open your bibles to Matthew 18:12-14 and notice what it mentioned there. That’s Matthew chapter 18 verse 12 through 14 and it reads: What do YOU think? If a certain man comes to have a hundred sheep and one of them gets strayed, will he not leave the ninety-nine upon the mountains and set out on a search for the one that is straying? 13 And if he happens to find it, I certainly tell YOU, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that have not strayed. 14 Likewise it is not a desirable thing with my Father who is in heaven for one of these little ones to perish.

Who is that shepherd in this story? Jesus said it was Jehovah. Jehovah is the great shepherd who cares for his people. He knows what we need and he knows we need help. If we ever find ourselves sad or alone, what can we do? We can talk to Jehovah. We can let him know what we are going through. When children have problems they talk to their parents don’t they? When a husband or wife has problems they talk to each other don’t they? We can talk to Jehovah just like we talk to each other. He wants us to talk to him. We need to talk to him. We cannot get through this system of things without him.

Doesn’t it give you great comfort in knowing that the creator of all things loves us and that he wants us to follow him? He wants us to be one of his sheep? In this system we will always have issues. Problems will come and go and some may remain. Notice what Psalm chapter 55 verse 22 says, turn with me there. That’s Psalm chapter 55 verse 22 and it reads: Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, And he himself will sustain you. Never will he allow the righteous one to totter.

So rely on Jehovah, pray to Jehovah, trust in Jehovah, don't rely on this system of things, throw your burdens upon Jehovah, and that’s where you will find true comfort.
.....................................................................................
Well that's about it. I like it so far, some words I may change but the source material is from the LR book chapter 31. I'll try and record it if possible. Also Jesse has a talk or bible reading. Can't remember.

And Finally, we have finished the complete name of our new baby. We had the name Joshua already for the first name and Rivera of course being the last name but we were missing a middle name. I picked Gilbert as the middle name since my name is Gilbert. So Joshua Gilbert Rivera is what the baby will be called. It will be the last baby so it made sense or at least the last baby in this system of things. Joshua is expected to arrive on the 29th of July so we are just a few weeks away from him making arrival.

Joshua Gilbert Rivera has a nice ring to it. Anyway, have a great day. Remember to pray and be safe.

No comments: