Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday

What a weekend. I ran into brothers and sisters whom I haven't seen in such a long time. It was so great to see them and catch up with them. We even had one baptized from our congregation!!

It's interesting because I recall that very person saying maybe 2 months before she got baptized that she didn't want to get baptized. She felt it was to much responsibility. She made the right choice.

I ran into a very sweet brother whom I haven't seen in such a long time who is dying of cancer. I felt very sad but happy that he was there. He looked very thin and didn't look healthy but he was there. We receive spiritual food constantly but some talks just hit the spot.

The last talk was given by Brother Valorz. His talk made me cry. It was so touching so heartfelt that even he started to cry a bit. He talked about the Ministry and its struggles. He mentioned that if you don't even have an hour yet this month that really are you taking your responsibility serious enough? He mentioned Jesus and the things that he did on Earth. Yes Jesus did heal and did feed the people his goal was to preach and to complete the assignment that was given to him.

Brother Valorz mentioned our Ministry in connection with Jesus. Of course we are not Jesus, there is no way we can compare ourselves to Jesus but we can follow his steps closely. Then he went off topic and talked a little bit about children who are witnesses and stand up to what they believe in. For example on the the teenagers who was baptized was there with this teacher from school.

He was nervous at first but after hearing a talk given in his congregation about being Bold he started to preach to his teacher. His teacher found it interesting and this young teenager started a bible study with his teacher. It was great that the both of them were there and that the teacher saw this young man get baptized.

Then he talked again how teenagers are examples. He mentioned this girl who was a witness and that every morning she packs in her backpack awake magazines. Well it so happened that she was in a Library doing her studies when she heard another girl crying. This other girl got pregnant and didn't know what to do. The girl that got Pregnant had her friends around her telling her to get an abortion.

The young sister didn't know the girl who got pregnant but took an awake and handed it to her and told her to read this awake before she makes a decision and off to class the young sister went. She didn't see the Pregnant girl again. It was the Awake of May 22, 1980, on page 16 which is titled " Diary of an Unborn Child " It reads:::::

OCTOBER 5:
Today my life began. My parents do not know it yet, but it is I already. And I am to be a girl. I shall have blond hair and blue eyes. Just about everything is settled though, even the fact that I shall love flowers.

OCTOBER 19:
Some say that I am not a real person yet, that only my mother exists. But I am a real person, just as a small crumb of bread is yet truly bread. My mother is. And I am.

OCTOBER 23:
My mouth is just beginning to open now. Just think, in a year or so I shall be laughing and later talking. I know what my first word will be: MAMA.

OCTOBER 25:
My heart began to beat today all by itself. From now on it shall gently beat for the rest of my life without ever stopping to rest! And after many years it will tire. It will stop, and then I shall die.

NOVEMBER 2:
I am growing a bit every day. My arms and legs are beginning to take shape. But I have to wait a long time yet before those little legs will raise me to my mother’s arms, before these little arms will be able to gather flowers and embrace my father.

NOVEMBER 12:
Tiny fingers are beginning to form on my hands. Funny how small they are! I’ll be able to stroke my mother’s hair with them.

NOVEMBER 20:
It wasn’t until today that the doctor told mom that I am living here under her heart. Oh, how happy she must be! Are you happy, mom?

NOVEMBER 25:
My mom and dad are probably thinking about a name for me. But they don’t even know that I am a little girl. I want to be called Kathy. I am getting so big already.

DECEMBER 10:
My hair is growing. It is smooth and bright and shiny. I wonder what kind of hair mom has?

DECEMBER 13:
I am just about able to see. It is dark around me. When mom brings me into the world it will be full of sunshine and flowers. But what I want more than anything is to see my mom. How do you look, mom?

DECEMBER 24:
I wonder if mom hears the whispering of my heart? Some children come into the world a little sick. But my heart is strong and healthy. It beats so evenly: tup-tup, tup-tup. You’ll have a healthy little daughter, mom!

DECEMBER 28:
Today my mother killed me.
.....................................................................................
About a year later the young sister was called into the office. There was a gift for her from the Girl who got pregnant. It was six balloons and a card thanking the young sister. The six balloons represents the age of the little girl the she had. I think that's the part where I started crying.

I recall talking to my wife about it. My wife didn't go because she was sick at home. My wife remembered a time where she was sitting next to other woman at the hospital who were like 4 months Pregnant and were ready to have an Abortion. One of the girls said to my wife that she was getting rid of the baby because the baby didn't belong to her boyfriend.

My wife was there because we had a miscarriage. Our baby had died. This girl who was talking to my wife was ready to kill her baby. Diary of an Unborn Child really hit home because I could have had another boy or another girl if we didn't have a miscarriage. There are many woman in the world who would love to have children but cannot. Life is very precious. I wish people would view it that way. Anyway, till tomorrow. Thx again for your wonderful comments.

No comments: