Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Last Night

I gave my talk and it went great. I prayed almost every 10 minutes and almost every minute when I knew I was next up on Stage. I was praying because I wanted Jehovah's spirit. I wanted to make sure that the words wouldn't fumble, I wanted to make sure how I sounded was encouraging.

Afterward, many came up and were encouraged. On the way home, I thanked Jehovah. My wife and Jesse are sick at the moment so the only one who came with me is Gabriel. While I was giving my talk, I looked over at Gabriel in the crowd and he was making funny faces. I didn't laugh but I did smile at him while I was on stage. It was very cute.

When I got home. One of the Elders called and said that I almost put him to tears. This Elder his name is Brother Bennett, he knew me when I first came in the Truth. He knew what I have gone through and he said to see me up there and give the talk the way I did was well, it almost put him to tears. He also said I was a good Teacher.

I almost cried. I again thanked Jehovah. It was a great night. Its funny to because Brother Bennett also had a talk and he's an excellent speaker. I often use some of his words. For example, when he's about to say an illustration he always says " We can illustrate this way " In my talk I said the same thing.

Also I had two brothers who were former gang members come up to me and said they could relate to what I said about the gang member illustration because that's exactly what they saw. Then when the School overseer got up there, he was very happy and said my talk mixed fire, police, and gang members and he started laughing. Well everyone did. It was great. I had a great night. I don't know if Paul saw my post about loyalty but I hope that at least gave you some direction. If you need help brother let me know. I'm here to help. Even if you wish to email me. My address is Dycerulz@gmail.com. I'm willing to help anyway I can.

Also, in June is our convention. The Theme of the convention is "Keep on the Watch" which will be held at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. What was great was that Prince himself who is a Jehovah's Witness was there. Last year and the year before. We were asked last night to Volunteer to clean the Cow Palace which is fine by me because in all Honestly I never Volunteered to clean before. Its time for me to step up my game so to speak. Being baptized this long and not reaching out is a mistake on my part. This time we only have one day to clean the entire Cow Palace because the convention takes place the very next day. Keep in mind that many from around the world attend this convention and we have it in many languages. So it's not all on one weekend.

I watched videos of Witnesses help build Kingdom Halls in other places around the world. My point is this. If you are a baptized witness. Reach out for more. If you are a publisher, reach out for more. Get Baptized, ask yourself what is holding you back? Recall what Peter said to Jesus. Peter said to Jesus and I quote " You have sayings of Everlasting Life, where else are we to go " and isn't that true?

What other hope is there? None. We aren't going to heaven. We aren't going to hell. We just die. Thankfully there is one way out and it's through Jehovah. When Peter said that to Jesus. He knew that there was only one way out. Its no different for us today. There really is only one way out.

Today we have crime, we have hate, we have sickness, and to top it off we have a flu virus going around that has everyone scared. In truth, we do need to scared. We should be concerned. We don't know what's going to happen. The only advise that I can give is this. Eat right. Watch what you eat. Eat plenty of greens. Stay in shape. Go to a health food store and purchase stuff that will build your immune system.

Till tomorrow, I'll post more.

No comments: