Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday

Well, on Tuesday there will be no meeting since there is an Assembly on Saturday which means that the Video I was going to post this week will have to wait till next week. I look forward to the spiritual food that we will receive this weekend and getting a chance to see those whom I haven't seen in sometime.

Also - last week I'm not sure if I mentioned it but a co-worker quit. He left because he wanted to devote his life to helping the homeless. I tried to preach to him several times but he was to busy at times to listen. His last day, we spoke for maybe 3 hours. He explained what he believed in and was happy that I was listening to him.

I found what he said very interesting because I never heard it before and explained that he read it from books. Then he mentioned how much respect he had for the bible. I asked him if he ever read the bible? He said some of it and asked what what I believed in.

I started with the beginning and I mean the very beginning which was creation in itself. I knew that he believed in evolution just from the books I saw around his office so I felt I should start with creation. It didn't turn into a debate which I thought it might but he listened to what I had to say. He did feel there was always a higher power and wasn't sure about all of the Theory's of man.

After explaining that the world wasn't created in 7 days as most teach, he listened with an open ear while I explained Adam and Eve and why we die. Then he asked about Jesus and I explained why Jesus needed to come in the first place. Then I explained the Garden of Eden. He said he felt it was all just stories. So then I gave him and Illustration.

I said " Let's say you came to me one day and said to me " Man I wish I knew what next's weeks Lotto's numbers were?" Then I would say to you that I can predict the future and I will give the numbers to you. You didn't believe me but felt what do you have to to lose so you play the numbers I gave you. You end up winning and run to me to let me know. After the money runs out you come to me again and I give again and again you win. You ask for the numbers for the entire Month and I give them, and you win. After the month is over, you come and I say " Do you now believe that I can tell the future and you say " Yes "

The bible is filled with prophecy that has taken place and some that haven't taken place yet. One of them of course King Cyrus. Another is the very first prophecy which talked about Jesus. So if the bible is filled with prophecy that can predict the future and has been accurate wouldn't it be a book that you can have confidence in? So After explaining a few things he understood and was amazed at what he was hearing. The fact that he stayed 3 hours to listen made me feel as if he would email me as promised. Well, I hope he does.

Tomorrow I will talk a bit about my wife.

PS. I would love to learn.

No comments: