Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today they pull the plug

My Aunt who was changing my diapers, trying to keep me in check, and often gave me good advise to stay out of trouble may die today. She was a very strong woman. Her Husband Ignacio is the one who brought most of the family from Puerto Rico. From what I was told, he was the only one with all the money.

Ignacio who is my Mom's Uncle was a strong minded man. He wasn't the smartest person but he was smart when it came to money. I remember when I was younger I used to play in his store. The family often said that he was very greedy with his money but I didn't see that. He was very giving and often gave money to us but of course we had to work for it. We cleaned his shop. Back then you could buy so much with just a dollar.

I do have good memories of my family and of course some bad ones. I don't know if I mentioned it here but one bad memory was about my cousin Elliot. When we were kids we often played but when we became teenagers we would fight for no reason and when we became adults we became very close. I miss him. Reason I say this is because he died several years ago.

We both took a different path. I became a witness, he continued being a gang member. The problem with Elliot is that he became an Alcoholic. He drank every single day and although he had children he often stayed more with his bottle than he did with his children. I know he loved his children, he just had a problem with Alcohol. Well as mentioned I miss him because several years ago he died because of Alcohol. His liver gave out. I was there in the Hospital when he died. Blood was coming out from his eyes and his nose when his liver popped.

His mom had told me what happened. She said that two days before Elliot came to her and said his stomach was hurting. Then he went to get some beer because he drank as soon as he woke up. The pain was intense so his mom took him to the hospital. His condition got worse. Two days later he was dead.

I remember hearing the sound. You know that sound when you have no life left. I was very sad to see him go. I spoke with his mom who couldn't take it and left. I haven't heard from her till yesterday when I found out that she is addicted to drugs. I'm guessing she never got over the loss of her son. What mother can? To turn to drugs is the wrong path.

I hope I get to see her to talk some sense into her. Maybe help her change her ways. Because I became a witness my life changed for the better but I watched those around me hurt themselves, abuse themselves, and kill themselves. Our life is the most important thing that we have, why shorten it?

I must try and help them and the best way I can is to preach the good news to them. To show them that real change is coming. To show them that there will be a better place. They have been abused spiritually. They don't know any other way. They have been lied to. They have not been taught the truth and thus they won't know. They need to know. I just hope they accept it.

When it comes to the truth there is no way around it. People will fail in the organization but it wasn't the truth that failed them, it was them who failed the truth. Think about this for a moment because I want to make this clear. If scripture tell us no to commit Adultery and you were a witness and committed Adultery who is to blame? The truth or the person who committed Adultery. Who failed who?

If scripture tells us not to get drunk and you were a witness and got drunk who is to blame? The truth or the person who got drunk? You can never blame Jehovah for your actions folks. People will fail only because they allow themselves to fail. Scripture tells us that Satan will tempt us but Jehovah will always give us a way out but in truth its all up to us. So please folks don't try and blame the organization for your actions. The Truth will never fail you, its you who fail the truth. The truth will expose a lie but a lie can never expose the truth.

Recall Adam who loved Eve so much but then blamed Eve for giving him the fruit. Then Eve in turn blamed Satan. Didn't they know that it was bad in the first place to Eat? Who's really to blame? Nobody wants to take the blame. Always pointing fingers to the other person instead of looking in the mirror. Adam did it, Eve did it, and many do it today. I do hope that my family will at least allow me to share a scripture with them. I hope that something I say sparks interest.

As for my post yesterday. I understand that its hard to be away from those you love. As mentioned in previous posts that there was a time when I was younger that I was in jail and was away from my wife. The thing that helped me get my by was the fact that I knew she would be there and that really she was in my mind and in my heart. I know that doesn't help much but I hope it helps a little. Keep your head up and pray and thank Jehovah my dear the future looks great. Most men say this to their woman " Together 4ever " Because Jehovah has made a way out for us really that statement is so true. Till tomorrow...

P.S. Thank you Paul for the kind words. I look forward to your talk. Please email it to me if you get a chance. I'm sure it will go well.

No comments: