Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday

I have a co-worker who broke up with her Boyfriend after 4 years of being together. It's interesting because what I was saying to her as to the reasons why they broke up is the exact reason he gave.

He had mentioned that he needed to make sure that she was the one for him before he asked her to marry him. So, that means that he would date others after four years of being together.

I thought that was interesting. To me I've always felt that if you knew that you were for a person, and they felt the same way, then that's the person you need to be with. I know Jesse more than anyone in the world. I raised him, I wiped his behind when he was a baby, and now that he is older, he has shared with me the most intimate details of his life.

We have an open relationship. I could never talk about the things he has spoken to me about with my father. I told him to always talk to me about his feelings and to never keep them in. This I said since he was younger. Men today hide their feelings. They put their emotions to the side and for some odd reason feel that they cannot open up.

Jesse isn't like that. I am not like that. My other children will not be like that. Why are men like that then? I have no idea. I have always been a big kid. Anyone who knows me or even just met me would already know how childish I can be. I'll give you one example of this.

We went out to the movies one night with our friends. I don't know why I did it but I pulled out my phone and addressed the crowd. LOL I said " Please do not get in front of my camera, I will be reordering " People started laughing.

Then when the previews started at one point it got dark and silent. I made a fart sound. LOL.

That's what I'm talking about being childish. I never lost the fact that inside we should never lose that about ourselves. Over time of course it goes away for many. Many that's the reason why the Truth made sense to us is because we are teachable.

Jesus said of children that the kingdom of heavens belong to them meaning Children are humble, kind, open, loving. There is more to what he said but this is the meat of it.

The world has their view of what a man should be like. How most men are. What most men do and the only thing men are interested in. Jesse isn't that way. What makes him different?

I'll give you another example. Joseph, a son of the patriarch Jacob, was sold into slavery at the age of 17. He eventually found himself in the household of Potiphar, an Egyptian court official, where Joseph caught the attention of his master’s wife.

She desired to have sexual intercourse with Joseph, who was a handsome man, and day after day she kept urging him: “Lie down with me.” Joseph was far from his family in a land where nobody knew him. He may well have been able to have relations with this woman without other people being aware of it. Yet, when Potiphar’s wife finally grabbed hold of him, Joseph fled. The man ran away.

Most men today in the world would have slept with that woman and wouldn't have thought twice about it. What was the difference? Joseph was raised in a God-fearing family, and he understood that sexual relations between people who are not husband and wife are wrong.

He stated “How could I commit this great badness and actually sin against God?” His conclusion was likely guided by knowledge of God’s standard for humans as expressed in Eden, that of monogamy. God’s people today benefit from reflecting on the way Joseph reacted to that situation.

God’s standard still is that fornication and adultery are sins. That hasn't changed but what do you see in the world? What are they saying about Jesse because he is a man? Just as the Scriptures remind us, a person who practices fornication is “sinning against his or her own body.”

Jesse is not interested in anyone other than Cedes. His heart belongs to her. How could he betray her over someone that wouldn't mean anything. You see it's you in the world that tend to look at things as they are today in terms of what a Man should be like. Jesse is not that kind of man. Like Joseph, he is God-Fearing.

He loves and values his relationship with Cedes and loves and values his relationship with Jehovah. In truth, he doesn't place himself in that situation because bad association spoils useful habits so the kind of people Jesse is around are those who share his same values. Who serve the same God he does. So you can see why he is protected and not tempted. He is different and if he was ever tempted, I can 100 percent say that he would run away like Joseph.

I wish people would stop comparing my son to those in the world. Unless you met Jesse or know him on a personal level, you wouldn't understand and unless you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you wouldn't understand.

Anyway...Have a great day and be safe.

No comments: