Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lots to Cover

I might have mentioned this before on this blog or maybe in person. I don't remember but I have tried to kill myself more than once in the past. With Drugs, I almost died from that as well. The Hospital saved me each time.

I think it all started when my father died. I just didn't care as much about life anymore. I didn't care what happened and I lived that way. At night I would think about life and wonder what exactly is hell if the earth is bad. Why me?

A knock on the door changed my life. Someone was there to tell me why the Earth is the way it is. Someone was there to tell me that God does care but I have to be responsible for what I will learn. Imagine if those who followed Jesus never opened their mouth?

Imagine if I did die. Jesse wouldn't be here today. My other children wouldn't be here today. So many doors that opened throughout the years would be closed. As a person who almost killed himself many times I can say this about it and there are several reasons.

You feel that nobody loves you. You feel like you aren't getting the support and attention you need. You think people think you are ugly. You feel that Mom doesn't care and if she doesn't who else can love me? This is just a small piece of what it feels like.

As a Parent, the older me learned many things. Learning the Truth opened many doors. My kids do not take drugs nor do they associate with anyone who does. I teach them as their Father and from experience the damage drugs can do.

I would show them a person on drugs just by driving around. They can see from the examples in our world. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about drugs. Since my father died of it, I'm so against it. But it does start at the home. It does start with a Parent teaching the child about the good and the bad in life.

For the subject of marriage. I have been with my wife for half my life. I mean that. How it is that our love is so strong after 20 + years of being together? Did it have it problems? Of course but we have a common love for our God Jehovah.

Has there ever been any witnesses that divorced? Of course, after all we are just people but compared to the world. It's very very low. In the three congregations I've been in. I never heard of anyone getting a divorce. When we said till death do us part, we meant it.

Of course with time any relationship can suffer. It's up the both the man and the woman to keep that spark alive. Respect for one another is key. If you are calling your mate names, that's not respect. We all get mad but is it over little childish things that don't matter? It would seem as if it's just picking a fight to fight. That's not respect.

And of course people of this, some just fall out of love. That spark has died and I've said this to many people because from my experience in life that I have seen. It's always the man that screws things up.

How can I say that? If a man is treating his woman like a princess, is she going to leave? If a man is loving his woman and showing her the proper respect, is she going to leave? If a man is giving his woman the attention she deserves, is she going to leave? Of course not because in her eyes she already has her prince.

Keep in mind when I say man loving his woman I mean married man/married woman. heheh

What happens if a couple does separate? Well that is something that I did hear of. Not in our congregation but another who happens to live in Abq. They moved out there along time ago. What happened to them? In truth I don't know but they didn't divorce. See God hates divorce. If you have to separate then so be it but you cannot marry anyone else because you set yourself up for fornication because in God's eyes you are still married.

My wife, after 20 plus years is the love of my life. She as the movie goes, completes me. If she were to go out one day and get into a car accident and pass away, I wouldn't move on with any other woman. I would wait for my wife in the new system.

She would wait for me. When a couple that has that kind of love, that strong bond, that is love and it has been and will be till I die or into the new system. My kids are going to be that way with their wives with their husband.

It's sad and true really that when a couple separate or divorces, it does have a domino effect. It hurts all which not only includes the children but also their friends, their family.

I was young when my mother kicked my father out but she felt as if she couldn't do it anymore with him. They never got married but they were a couple but because of my father's drug habit. He loved that stuff more than he loved us.

So for them, my mom made the best choice she can make for the family. Not only to protect her but to protect us. My advise is this...

Dad needs to get off his high horse and look at his wife. It's not games anymore, it's not guitar's, it's not what he is currently into. It's his obsessions with what he is into. His obsession should be her and not his items. Maybe then, she would have a change of heart.

As for Mantuz, I'm very sorry to hear about what he is going through. I was 13 or 14 when I tried to kill myself so in many ways I understand what he is going through. I don't know if it's his parents fault. Putting blame on anyone or anything doesn't help, it only continues the hurt. When I was feeling this way, I would close myself up and not open myself up to my mother.

Sadly most men or young men in this case close themselves up. They hide their emotions. Sometimes its to late. I am glad that he is getting help. I think that this should serve as a wake up call to his parents that they need to help their child because the thought of killing yourself doesn't go away over night. You have to believe that life is important.

It's hard for a young man to understand that sometimes and we live in a world where everything is stacked against you and we forgot how important love is or what love could be. Love is very powerful and it can accomplish many things. In Mantuz's case, he has to love himself and learn how to love himself. His parents have to show him that they love him.

As for Mom and Dad, both are special and I have a special place in my heart for the both of them. I hope it all works out but things need to change, not just from Dad but from Mom as well. They know and I'm sure you know what those changes are.

Yes the Guerra is still alive and well.

No comments: