Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Support

At times a person can feel alone in his or her beliefs. He or she can feel alone in their thoughts. They may feel as if their parents just don’t understand, husband may not understand a wife, or a wife who doesn’t understand a husband. What if you are a child who’s parents don’t support your religious views? Or a Husband who has a different religious view from his wife? Do you feel like you don’t have support?

I’ve spoken to a few over the years who wanted who were frustrated because they felt as if they didn’t receive support on their religious views. They thought they were alone. They also thought they were the only ones feeling this way. There was a husband who’s wife left him because he wanted to become a witness. I also read an article that talked about a wife’s husband who beat her because she wanted to be a witness.

I also know teenagers who want to study, want to learn but their parents don’t share the same views and thus punish their children. In all these examples these people were treated this way only because they wanted to learn about God. If you don’t see your parents living up to Bible standards then can you really say they are following God and that their religion is working for them? If a Husband is trying to live up to Bible standards but yet his wife is using foul language, don’t you think it’s fair for him to say that his wife isn’t taking her religion seriously?

How did Jesus view his worship to God? How do you view your worship? Is it strong? I sure hope it is. I wish I could sit here and say that people would support you in your quest to find God. I wish I could say that parents would support their children in choices they make in life or a wife supports her husband. All need to respect and support each other in choices they make when it comes to God. If God doesn’t force anyone to serve him then why should you?

As a father, I support any spiritual choices that my Children make. I don’t force them nor say you have to do it this way or else I’ll take away your Ipod. I don’t know if they will grow up to worship God as I have. I can only teach them what I have learned and allow them to grow. One of my kids devoted his life to God and although it’s a struggle each day, he prays and is an example and an encouragement to me. For a bit there he was going down a path that didn’t make sense. He was going down a dangerous path.

He corrected himself and put God first and to be honest, what women wouldn’t want that in a guy. The bible teaches that a man should respect his wife. The bible teaches that a man should only love his wife. The bible teaches that a man should only remain with this wife. The bible teaches that a man should take care of his wife. The bible teaches that a man should not commit adultery. The bible teaches that a man should not even look at another woman, to have desire for another woman. What woman wouldn’t want that in a man?

It’s the same for woman. The bible teaches that woman should remain a virgin till they get married. The bible teaches that woman should remain with their husbands, should respect and love their husbands. The bible teaches that a woman should not commit adultery. The bible teaches that both a husband and a wife should honor each other. What man wouldn’t want that?

The Bible teaches that our children should respect and honor their parents. The Bible teaches that all should not commit fornication. The bible teaches that children should be modest and honest with their parents. Children who follow scripture will not do drugs. They will not smoke. They will not be alcoholics. They will not use foul language at and toward their parents. Instead they would listen to direction as long as it doesn’t conflict with what the bible teaches.

At times a person could feel alone if they don’t have support. I know this. Right now my brother doesn’t speak to me because of what I believe in. My brother knew me when I was hurting people. My brother knew me when I was stealing, when I was lying, when I was doing drugs, when I was getting drunk. This was the version my brother knew but he was ok with it because we still spoke. I followed and modeled my life as best I could after Christ and listened to Jehovah and because of this I don’t get drunk, I don’t do drugs. I don’t use foul language. I don’t steal and I don’t lie but he doesn’t speak to me.

Doesn’t make sense but do I really need my brothers support? One of the last things I said to him was “ If it makes me happy, why can’t you be happy for me? “ That was the last time I spoke to him. It’s been years. At times I do get sad but I’m happy that I put God first. If anyone asks me to put God second then in my eyes something is wrong with them.

I did have the support of my mother and of course my family but not my brother but even if I didn’t have anyone’s support on this planet, isn’t having the support of God and his Angels enough for me? Imagine the smile on Jesus’s face when he notices that people are putting his father first. Don’t let anyone think you do not have support. You have the support of 7million+ Witnesses. You have the support of the Angels. You have the support of Jesus and of course Jehovah himself.

You have all the support you need. Prayer is very powerful. If your prayers are honest and heartfelt, they will be heard. I know many sisters who have prayed only to have their prayers answered. I know many brothers who have prayed only to have their prayers answered. I will go more into detail about support and how we can support each other. Till then….have a great day.

No comments: