Monday, January 12, 2009

In case of an emergency

The other day I noticed that sign and of course it ended with pull here. But the point was in case of an emergency. When this system goes down the drain many will run, scream, yell, cry, and of course look for their loved ones. There will be no item you can pull in case of an emergency.

In Noah's day, imagine how those felt when it started to rain and it did not stop. Imagine how they felt inside. Maybe they were saying to themselves, why didn't I listen to what Noah was saying. Many in his time thought that Noah was crazy but Noah did indeed preach that it was coming. In case of an emergency....

What would be the first thing you do if you noticed that the world was coming to an end? Who would you go to? What would you say to God? Oh I should have listened to you God but.... and here comes all the excuses....

I would have listened to you but, my wife is in a different religion..My husband is in a different religion...my father or mother is in a different religion...I'm just going along with what they do and how they worship....

Be honest with yourself. Do you really think that makes a difference to God? I mentioned several times that you cannot slave for two masters so if you are not serving God the way he wishes to be served then you are serving the other God of this system of things.

Job himself was put to many tests and he passed with flying colors. It didn't matter what his wife said, his children said, or anyone said. He kept his integrity to God and reasoned with everything that was going on. He slaved for one master.

What are examples of slaving for two masters? Well I pointed several out many times on this blog. It's living life as a follower of God 24hrs a day. Not just when you are at church. It's when you are at school, home, work, vacation, etc.. It's 24hrs a day Monday through Sunday. Are you doing that?

If you are not then you need to question which master you are serving? Here's another good question. Who's more important God or your mother, your father, your sister, your husband or your wife? If you say God then ask yourself this question " Is my actions in life showing that I put God first in everything I do? "

In case of an emergency......

Till tomorrow....

No comments: