Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Gift from God

That's exactly what children are, a Gift from God. When you think of the many things you have already received from God, don't you agree that our Children is the best thing given from God? He gave us life, he gave us this wonderful planet, he gave us the air we breathe, he gave us the stars to look at, he gave us our mates, he allows us to love, really - Jehovah has given us so many wonderful things.

Think of all the different color's we see. Think of touch or the fact that we can play guitar, drums, and even sing. All gifts from Jehovah. Fathers & Mothers, remember the day your child was born? When my child was born, I looked up to the sky and thanked Jehovah. I have 4 kids and one on the way. All of them are a blessing. All of them are gifts. As mentioned a few posts ago, I have one on the way.

Even though life can be hard, Jehovah has blessed me with a family. I have the most wonderful wife who has put up with me for more than 20 years. She has put up with my early years of Gang life, Jail, and drugs. She has stood by my side watching the new personality take shape as I have watch her put on hers.

I have watched my 16yr old grow into a man who is taking his spiritual needs seriously. He has put God first in his life and allowed everything else to be placed second. He has thought of ways to improve his relationship with God and has acted on them. While others in the world are thinking about what they will do in the future in terms of work, he is thinking of how he can best serve God.

With another one the way, I often think of ways I can improve myself. I worry at times that I'm not living up to Jehovah's standards and I often look in the mirror constantly checking myself. See I can't expect my kids to serve God if I'm not being an example to them. My kids need to see that I'm taking my oath seriously when I told Jehovah my life is his and that I will do what it takes to follow him. In this system of things everything is a struggle and for us, we are always at war with Satan.

Prayer is very powerful. I often pray to keep myself in check. I often pray for my family. I often pray for my fellow brothers and sisters and of course I pray for forgiveness and I pray for Jehovah's name to be Sanctified since so many have blamed God for so many things. Reality is we have the power to change it all but lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God is what we have. People love money. People are greedy, they love their pleasures in life. They claim to love God but their actions show otherwise.

You can say you worship God all you want. You can say you love God. Ever notice that almost every celebrity that wins an award thanks God for winning? I love God is what most of them say. Well I don't have to tell you. I can show you by my actions. The expression, actions speaks louder than words is so true in this and many other areas. I can show you my faith by my works not my words. Show me yours by your works. OH OH I gave money to my church, Oh I'm helping the homeless, I'm feeding the poor, I'm doing this, and I'm doing that. Those are good works but are you serving God the way he expects to be served? You are doing those things in front of people. You are doing those things and yet doing other things that God would not approve of in your private life.

Serve God with your works 24hrs a day. Serve God with Love and I mean true love. Think of it this way. Do you love your Kids? I'm sure you do. Would you give your kids Drugs? No? Then why are you doing drugs? Does God approve of Drugs? Stop doing them. Do you use foul language? Do you wish your kids to speak foul language? No? Then you need to stop using it. Would God approve of you using it? I think you get the idea....

Children are a Gift from God. We are Gifts from God and if you truly love the gift that was given, you would cherish and appreciate what has been given to you. Till tomorrow....

No comments: