Monday, December 22, 2008

Interesting

Turn of events in game. I won't be specific but I want to say that if anyone is not respectful to people in game, people will leave. If people insist on having their way without listening to their members, people will leave. If you are not moving forward in terms of progression, people will leave.

As one mage recently told me - I see the writing on the wall. So what do you do now? Do you act like a jerk, act like you never knew him or her, act as if they never helped you or your alt gear up, act as if they never assisted you, act as if they never gave gold to the guild bank, act as if they didn't help recruit members, act as if they were never apart of what they helped create? One post I've read only because it was brought to my attention was " What kind of person are you "

Some really only act as your friends only as long as you remain with their Guild. I know this personally even though others may claim that's not the case. With some I made the first move and with others I remained silent. I will add my two cents on what I think can turn around a failing guild. I mentioned this before, I shall mention it again. Nobody in their right mind is paying $15.00 a month to sit in guild chat and chat. You have instant messenger for that. You have Xfire for that. I am not paying $15.00 a month to chat with you or anyone else when there are means to do it for free.

If leadership isn't cutting it, then you need to pass the lead to someone who will. At times it may require that you demote someone who is in power that should not be in power. Take for example - If over the years or months someone always points the finger elsewhere but yet others around him are leaving his guild then maybe you should look at the person causing it not those who left. Maybe you should look at those who are in power that shouldn't be.

Do I think Obama is a genius? No I don't but look at who he has around him. Look at who he selected to be in Power. You may not agree with all of them but you have to admit that he is indeed built a strong foundation. Like so a guild leader needs to have around him those who will make the right choices for the guild, those who are not selfish, those who will take the bull by the horns and move the guild forward. The Guild leader can lead and horse to water right? Can he make them drink? Thing is he doesn't have to they will drink but the leader or leader(s) need to take steps in order to progress the guild. First things first you only need one Guild Leader.

The Guild Leader doesn't have to know it all but he does need to be around those who do and those who will make things happen. If those around him cannot then he needs to demote them and if they leave his guild because of it then so be it. There are bigger things going on and the Guild Leader needs to think of the guild as a whole and who can he put in place that will help him move his guild forward. If the guild leader cannot do this, then he needs to pass it to the right person. Sadly, the person who I thought should have or could have has already gone bye bye because of the same issues I had way back when.

Now this isn't pointing my finger at anyone. This is giving advise. You can take it however you want to take it. Sounds a little ruff yes but so is loosing members left and right because you don't know what to do. I've been there and done that. I failed but because of my failure I was able to see the light. I was able to see clearly what I was doing wrong and how I should have and could have directed things to create a successful Guild. I have been in only three guilds. One I was a GM, the other I was an officer, and now I'm a member. Out of the three I can see there is organization in the one I'm currently in. There is direction in the one I'm currently in. There is progression in the one I'm currently in. There is respect for others in the one I'm currently in. It's like soup that has all the right stuff in it to make a good soup. If you don't have the right stuff the soup won't taste as good. Thus you won't have those coming into your restaurant or even staying in it. I hope you get the idea.

Soup needs to taste good and keep it cooking folks.

No comments: