Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wow

What a weekend. Disneyland was great my family had a great time. Our plan while we were down there was to visit some of our brothers but based on the time that we had to get back to San Francisco we didn't to visit but that's ok next time.

The other thing while we were down there was back and forth discussions I had during the weekend. Based on what was said, it lead me to post the identity topic. One of the things that came up was and it's a touchy subject but like I said, I will post what I feel and everything is open.

It was said to me and I'm not saying any names but it was said to me that my son should renounce his faith and then he would be allowed to talk to this girl. Little did he know that he gave her up because he wanted to focus on his spiritual life. See he believes that God must come first in all he does. I will tell you this because he has told me this. He does love that girl. I know it and I see it but he is the kind of kid who wants to follow God which means he wants to get married first before any kind of intimate relationship can begin. He's not like most kids. Back in the day it was like that. Today, young girls are having children.

Like I said he gave her up so he can focus on his spiritual life. He hopes that someday they cross paths again. That's how strong he is or wants to be. He wants to put God first and everything else after and after all isn't that what Jesus himself did? He put God first in everything he did. Jesus showed who should come first by saying: He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. So it's clear you must put God first. He wouldn't have said it if it weren't true.

But like I said, my son was asked to renounce his faith. Strip away everything he is made of. Make the same mistake that Adam made so long ago with Eve. If my son left his faith then it would be his choice to make not mine but what was shocking was the fact that the father stated that he would allow his daughter to continue talking to my son if only he renounced his faith. That's saying Put God second. Reminds me of when the Devil attempted to temp Jesus. Do you remember what he said? He said do one act of worship, just one and all the kingdoms of the earth are yours. Jesus didn't do it. Jesus did not fall for it even though he was at his weakest stage by fasting for 40 days. Renounce his faith and to use his daughter in such fashion was low in my eyes. But it reminded me of a scripture in the book of Hebrews in which Paul stated at chapter 10 verse 26 and 27. He stated - If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and there is a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.

Those are Paul's Word found in the book of Hebrews. Consider this Christ is not going to die again to save these who once had a knowledge and faith in Jesus and who accepted him as their redeemer. If they throw their faith to the wind and reject God, his Word, and his Son, then God will not arrange to redeem them again. There is no longer any sacrifice for sins left! There is coming a judgment, a fearful one! Remember Sodom and Gomorrah. Faithless ones will not be able to flee like Lot and his two daughters. They will be caught in the fiery destruction. Some may try to escape but they will look around at antitypical Sodom, even as Lot’s wife looked back and became a pillar of salt, and in the battle of Armageddon others will die in the attempt to escape. Renounce his faith? That's like asking him if he wants to die.

Some may find it crazy and may not understand but you cannot knock something until you try it. I mentioned in the other post that faith without works is dead faith well, I have seen first hand what works they show. Like someone told me, it's more tradition and religion. A person who lives by Godly standards will be evident in their conduct. It will be evident by their children, how a wife acts, and how a husbands acts. Faith without works. I didn't say it, the scriptures said it. So to pose the question, you show me your faith by your works and I'll show you my works that show my faith. Simple question isn't it. With my son looking to put God first the benefits are

1. He will be a better husband and that's not saying that all husbands are bad.
2. He will be a better son, I don't have to worry about drugs, gangs, etc..
3. He will work hard to accomplish his goals in life.
4. He will respect his elders
5. He will never cheat on his wife.

I mean really I can go on and on but renounce his faith is something that he stated he will not do. What woman wouldn't want a guy that would treat her with respect? Yes you can get all these things without being in religion and maybe I'll post that next time. For now, this sums it up.

1. Faith without works is dead
2. He is not going to put God second
3. He is going to focus on serving God the way God wants to be served

Till tomorrow, still working on prophecy. The mini-vacation got me busy.

No comments: