Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Monday

I had an interesting weekend. I was sick. One thing that kept popping in my head was the fact that twice already I was told that I would receive help. Twice it was stated that I would be shown the truth and that my religion would be proven false. It's interesting because out of most that I know and again I say that I know I am the only one trying to live by bible standards. One of the things that I always try to do is say to myself " Would Jesus do this " and if he wouldn't should I?

Can you picture Jesus saying a bad word because his football team lost? Oh he wouldn't well then should you? What about a man who is about to get married and wants to get a stripper. Do you think that Jesus would go to such a party? Oh he wouldn't well then should you? There are many things in life that we do that Jesus wouldn't and wasn't Jesus himself our best example? We can't follow Jesus perfectly but we sure can follow him closely. His followers have done it throughout the years and it's exactly what I'm trying to do. Like I said it's what works for me. You have no idea on the kind of life I had. Most of my life has been lock up where at times the only thing allowed was your thoughts simply because that was something they couldn't take away.

So as I learned the truth I learned that I should try and do things that Jesus would approve of. There really is no wrong in that at all. So what is there to prove? Should I really have to prove that I found the truth? Shouldn't the truth as I call it be evident in my life? What I say and what I talk about is all scripture based. I was even told that I rely to much on scripture. In my response I said that scripture is exactly where all should look toward for hope and for inner peace.

The instructions the Bible gives about family life are pointed, simple and clear. Anyone can understand and apply them. Note, not the part that applies to the rest of the family, but the part that applies to you. Apply it, and your family life will be a much happier one: “You wives, be in subjection to your husbands, as it is becoming in the Lord. You husbands, keep on loving your wives and do not be bitterly angry with them. You children, be obedient to your parents in everything, for this is well-pleasing in the Lord. You fathers, do not be exasperating your children, so that they do not become downhearted.”

Do you say there is no reason for you to apply this instruction to your life because the rest of the family does not? Then remember, their part of it is not your responsibility; your part is. Would the rest of the family’s attitude change if yours changed? Are you setting the right example, or the wrong one? Following this right instruction that puts everything in proper order will overcome contentiousness and reduce personal family dissensions.

So following Bible standards starts with You and thus I have tried to apply bible standards in my life based on what I have been taught and let me tell you, I have four children. I have been with the same woman since I was 15 years old. I'm 35 now so that's a bit more than half my life. We are a very happy couple. Sure we have issues, every couple does but they are minor compared to issues found in the world. We both love our God and put in first in our lives.

During that time before I became a witness:

1. I used to smoke - I no longer smoke
2. I used to abuse drugs - I no longer take drugs
3. I was an alcoholic - I don't drink often (you can still drink btw
4. I had abusive speech - I don't say bad words.

This is just a bit of what has chanced in my life. So you want to prove what has worked for me wrong. LOL Like I said my worship shows in my actions and in my life 24hrs a day not just on Sundays or when ever I feel like it. Sure you can show me people who had issues with my religion but really anyone can show you problems in every religion that doesn't make the entire religion bad. People are bad in general but if you see daily not just on Sundays people who are trying to live by Godly standards and others who claim to love God but yet get strippers, say bad words because their team lost, and now their children say bad words, it's kinda hard for me to say that they are living by Godly standards. It's Discipline. Hebrews chapter 12 starting at verse 7 through 11 states"

It is for discipline YOU are enduring. God is dealing with YOU as with sons. For what son is he that a father does not discipline? But if YOU are without the discipline of which all have become partakers, YOU are really illegitimate children, and not sons. Furthermore, we used to have fathers who were of our flesh to discipline us, and we used to give them respect. Shall we not much more subject ourselves to the Father of our spiritual life and live? For they for a few days used to discipline us according to what seemed good to them, but he does so for our profit that we may partake of his holiness. True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but grievous; yet afterward to those who have been trained by it it yields peaceable fruit, namely, righteousness "

Have a great day!

No comments: