Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh no he didn't

OH yes he did. One of the things that popped in my head last night was the thought of those who lied to me over the years. Keep in mind there is a difference between making a mistake and lying. If someone told you not to do something and you didn't remember, can you consider that lying or was that a mistake. Some people need reminders.

Reason I say this is simply because a few times I was called a liar and had to sit down and think about what was said to see if indeed I did. Most in the world wouldn't care if they lied or not. I'm not like most. If I forget then normally I'm reminded and then I quickly apologize. I was lied to recently and called them on it but yet no apology because I guess this person had way to much pride. Instead he is on a mission to try and prove me wrong about what I believe in. Notice the difference right away. He lied and did not apologize. He said I lied but what he claimed I lied about was the lie he was telling. So really I didn't lie at all but he lied in the first place but the thought of someone thinking that I lied I had to apologize even though I was not at fault. I can humble myself unlike most I know.

So yes there is a difference between lying and making mistakes. Children these days often lie to their parents but I found it interesting that lying starts at an early age. I noticed at times that my wife would ask my 5 year old and he would deny his action even though it was clear he did it. Right away I told him to always tell the truth. It's as if it's built in us to lie. Why do people lie in the first place? If you are at work do you like to get yourself out of trouble? Something really simple like a client calls and do you tell your co-worker to tell the client that you are not there? Teenagers - how often do you lie to your parents? It's funny because you think your parents don't know but most of the time they do or they will sooner or later find out anyway, might as well be truthful but can a parent really tell their kids not to lie if they lie themselves.

Can a parent tell their kids not to smoke if they themselves smoke? Can a parent tell their kids not to drink if they themselves drink. Of course you can but the changes of them doing what you do is high. Children are sponges in that they copy what they see starting at a young age. As they gain friends they start to copy their friends, maybe on dress or speech. So parents need to be the best example because their kids look up to them. Let me tell you, I started smoking at the age of 11. My first joint (weed) was at the age of 7. My first drink was around 13 maybe 12 can't remember I was drunk. My mother was or should I say is a smoker. My father was a drug addict and an alcoholic. My friends were all drug users, smokers, and alcoholics. So the chances that I would do the same things were high.

Not only did I have friends who were bad influences both my parents were bad influences but as I got older I had nobody else to blame but myself. So in all our dealings throughout life, try and be as honest as possible. Children be honest with your parents, your teachers, your friends, and most of all yourself. Parents do the same. After all what we want to do in life is be like Jesus who would never lie to any of us. The last several posts I have made as you have noticed have been about religion. I hope that it has opened some eyes. I don't expect it to but I hope it does. I mentioned this before that what I believe in and what you believe in I'm sure is different. One of us is going to find out in the end who was serving God and who wasn't. One of us is going to find out who is trying to live by bible standards and who isn't. Not all religions please God, that's clear. So for most reading, we may have to agree to disagree when it comes to religion.

Like I said, I know what works for me. I know what has worked for me. I feel I have found the truth. There is nothing anyone can say that will change that. Just like there is nothing I can say to change your view. We just have different paths that we are taking. So I ask that instead of trying to prove me wrong, why not try to live by bible standards and ask yourself if you truly are. You might say " Well I am because I believe in God " Well even the devil believes in God. Faith as mentioned without works is dead faith. Actions are required. You can be in any religion but action on your part is required. That means living by bible standards and if you do so, then in the end we will find out who was telling the truth and as the topic mentions who was lying.

Has it been hard to live by these standards? Of course it has. I'm no where near perfect or ever claimed to be perfect. It's a struggle each day but I'm trying. I pray daily. I study daily. I research daily. I have to keep my mind filled with spiritual food in order to keep myself from going hungry. There is to much temptation out there and it's so easy to commit sin. This is a question that I have answered before but in email and didn't post here.

How many days did it take for God to create the Heavens and the Earth?

No comments: