Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What a night or day

Didn't sleep that much last night. I have so much on my mind. The last few days I touched on worship. I touched on how a person may worship and who gets to make that choice. First let me say that I have no right to tell anyone how to worship. What I believe in doesn't have to be what you believe in. I post the information and you can do what you wish with it. These are the basics

1. I don't believe there is a hell. I refuse to believe that God a loving God I should say would create such a place for people to burn forever. When people say that, I find that it's more of a scare tactic than truth. There was a recent article that mentioned a Priest in the Vatican that said that hell was nothing but a story. This was a man who has been in the Vatican for more than 30 years.

2. I don't believe in life after death. A few scriptures and common sense tells me there is no life after death. Revelation chapter 21 verse 3 and 4 says that God will do away with death. If death is our only means to get into Heaven then why would you do away with that. Jesus while on earth stated that He who believes in me even though he dies will live. He meant those who died during, before, and after his time would return but then he also said that he who believes in me will never die at all. Of course he is talking about the end of this system of things and how we will never die at all and of course if you recall Adam and Even you would know that he did not create them to die but because they sinned opened the door to death and thus their sin passed onto us and thus we die.

3. I don't believe in the Trinity. The Trinity is something that you will not find in the bible. The Trinity of course is what they say is the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost. The bible does that mention there is a Trinity so it's more tradition than fact. As mentioned Trinity is not mentioned in the Bible therefore how can I believe it.

4. I do not believe that all religions please God. That has been proven by those in the past. That has been proven by those in our time. Jesus said it and if Jesus himself said it, then it must be true right? If you say no, then you are calling Jesus a liar. Truth hurts doesn't it. If you are following God and trying to live by Standards outlined in the Bible and if others are then the world wouldn't be as it is today. There is a reason why it's this way but even in this imperfect world if men, woman, children, presidents, whomever followed the teachings in the bible or followed their faith of choice then the entire world wouldn't be this way. Common sense - If you follow God you would practice what you preach.

5. I do not believe a child should go through Baptism. Baptism symbolizes dedication. A child cannot make that choice. Jesus himself was a man because he went through Baptism. Matthew 28:19,20 states this: Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things. You cannot teach a baby thus going through Baptism which again symbolizes dedication should be made by that person when he or she gets older and can make such a choice.

6. I don't believe in images. That means a Golden Calf, any saints made of statues, any Cross or st.mary or whatever. The scriptures tell us not to do that. It did not say ok, this will be ok because it's St.Paul or St.Luke or St.Mary. Notice what it mentions at Exodus chapter 20 verse 4 and 5. It states "You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I am your God,a God exacting exclusive devotion. That sums it up doesn't it. God says not to do it but people do it anyway. Another scripture that makes the point is in psalms chapter 115 verse 1 through 18 which states

Their idols are silver and gold,The work of the hands of earthling man.A mouth they have, but they cannot speak;Eyes they have, but they cannot see;Ears they have, but they cannot hear.A nose they have, but they cannot smell.Hands are theirs, but they cannot feel.Feet are theirs, but they cannot walk;They utter no sound with their throat.Those making them will become just like them, All those who are trusting in them. It's clear thus my belief.

Doesn't it make sense? If you find it hard to believe then maybe you should look in the mirror and question everything. You can even question what I'm posting here. I invite questions. All I know is that religion isn't as difficult as people think it is. God does not work in any mysterious way. Tomorrow, I will talk about prophecy and how many of them have already taken place while others have yet to arrive.

No comments: