Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Unity



If you notice in the video one of the signs says

"Catholics must not vote for Obama," a protest sign read. "They will be ex-communicated from the Catholic Church."

Reminds of of 2nd Timothy chapter 3 verse 1 through 5. It states

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

We do live in critical times hard to deal with. It's very sad that issues of race still play a big part in this country. I mean to use your religion to spread hate instead of love is just sad. Another quote from the video was

"I'd never vote for a black man," said a Democratic McCain supporter. "[I don't] want to sound racist here," said another participant, "but I do not want a black man running my country."

This also reminds me of another scripture found at Jeremiah chapter 10 verse 23 where it states that man cannot direct his own step. Isn't that the case? Unless you are rich these problems we face today may not hurt you but to the average person they do. No matter what plan they have it will fail. Have you ever even considered the fact that it's very possible that we are close to the end of this system of things? Just look around and see the world is going from bad to worse.

There are some changes going on in our congregation which makes me think even more so that we are close. I hope that those that read what I post at least consider the possibility of what I'm saying. I watched a movie called Evan All Mighty. Towards the end he was on the boat and he was begging I mean begging people to come on. He didn't want them to die. Sure enough if they didn't get on the boat they would have. I cried a bit during that part. I felt as if it was a reminder of why I do what I do. Why I keep warning people and telling people about what is going to take place. I must admit, I get scared at times. Who wouldn't get scared thinking that Armageddon is about to take place. I don't know how far we are from it. It can come a week from now, a year from now, 10 years from now. I don't know but I do know that Unlike the movie, those in Noah's day took no note, they didn't pay attention to the warning that was given. Rain came and they were all doomed.

One thing that you must admit, maybe you never thought of it. God does not do one single thing without letting people know first. He gives them time to change. I hope that people change before this system is over.

No comments: