Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Talk on Tuesday

Why Follow the Course of Hospitality?

I recall when I was younger, my mother told me when she was younger, the world was different. Children would play outside. Neighbors knew each and would visit each other. Everyone for the most part was friendly and often smiling. If a stranger needed help, someone was always there to help. If someone moved into the neighborhood, most would introduce themselves and maybe bring a nice treat to welcome them to the neighborhood. Showing Hospitality meant something back then.
And If we look even further to the past by way of the scriptures, there are many examples of those who showed Hospitality.

One that comes to mind was when Jesus was dining with one the of Pharisees. He entered into his home and reclined at the table. What happened next? Open your bibles to Luke chapter 7 verses 37, 38, and keep your bibles open, we will also read verse 44 through 46. That’s Luke chapter 7 verses 37 and 38.

And it reads: And, look! a woman who was known in the city to be a sinner learned that he was reclining at a meal in the house of the Pharisee, and she brought an alabaster case of perfumed oil, 38 and, taking a position behind at his feet, she wept and started to wet his feet with her tears and she would wipe them off with the hair of her head. Also, she tenderly kissed his feet and greased them with the perfumed oil.

Instead of being touched by what this woman had done, The Pharisees had said within himself that if This man speaking of Jesus, if he were a prophet, he would know who and what kind of woman it is that is touching him. What did Jesus say? Notice Verse 44 of Luke chapter 7

and it reads: With that he turned to the woman and said to Simon: “Do you behold this woman? I entered into your house; you gave me no water for my feet. But this woman wet my feet with her tears and wiped them off with her hair. 45 You gave me no kiss; but this woman, from the hour that I came in, did not leave off tenderly kissing my feet. 46 You did not grease my head with oil; but this woman greased my feet with perfumed oil.

Not only is this woman showing hospitality but also showing humility. Something that the Pharisee should have done. As we move deeper into this system, we can see that people have gone from bad to worse. Instead of being hospitable, people are angry, people are upset, people are ready to hurt you. Think about when we are in service. Have you ever gone to a door and had a great experience but a few doors down someone is screaming at you? People are going from Bad to worse and we can expect that in this system.

But must apply what the apostle Paul stated at Romans chapter 12 and verse 13. Please turn with me there. That’s Romans Chapter 12 and verse 13. And it reads Share with the holy ones according to their needs. Follow the course of hospitality. Hospitality could be defined as providing care and kindness to whoever is in need, This should not apply only among ourselves, but also to those in the world. By doing so, it will not only give praise to Jehovah but could by our conduct welcome a brother or sister into Jehovah’s Organization.
...................................................................................
I'll have to ask for Arlene's permission to post her talk. Hmm, on the subject of mom or dad. There was a time where I didn't want to listen to reason because I always felt I was right. It wasn't until Jesse had opened my eyes years ago.

I still can be a little mean I admit that but it's normally because of what is going on or if Jesse is messing with Gabriel and I have to ask more than once for him to stop.

I became the kind of person where even my 7 year old can teach this old dog a new tricks. I remember when I was helping Gabriel with his homework. It was funny because I kept telling him this is how you do it. Problem was I wasn't paying attention to how it was supposed to be done and every time he tried to show me, I didn't listen.

Finally after I was done explaining, he asked if he could see the pencil. I said sure. He then told me in a calm voice. Let me see if this is how you do it. He then started to show me and it was at that point that I realized OMG, he's right. So since then I don't question him anymore and I let him explain it.

Daisy is a different story. I've never met a girl so demanding. She has to have her way and we need to break that cycle. I could add more but I'm getting upset. LOL

Neveah - She is so innocent and sweet, she is the opposite of Daisy. HEHEHE

Joshua - So cute and he can now see you clearly with both eyes. Every time I come up to play with him, he just laughs and laughs, he knows what's coming.

Gabriel - Well, check this out. They did a math test in school sometime ago. When Gabriel was in k.garden, he tested in math right. He scored the highest in his class by a wide margin. Out of 100, he scored 89 percent while all others scored only 8 percent. 89 Gabriel, The rest 8 percent. I kid you not. This year they had to start giving him 2nd/3rd grade math because he was bored of 1st grade math and found all the homework and tests given to easy. He's getting real good at multiplication ( Hope I spelled that right ) I'm very pleased with his rate of knowledge and how much information he takes in.

Jesse - Well, he's an interesting kid who can piss me off sometimes but there is a side to him that I think only you can see. I'm very proud of him. When I was his age, I was locked up. He is much more of a man that I was at that age. He has turned out well. I see good things for him.

My wife - 20 + years of being together. She is my life and what makes me the person I am. I love her so much. We are like children with each other at times. Right now, Daisy is in that sleep with me mom mode. When Daisy sleeps, I run to go get her so she can come next to me. She's mine now Daisy HAHAHA. Seriously, I wish more than have what I have. To be honest, they can but it takes putting God in your life. Not on any specific day like Easter or some other kind of holiday where you feel then you need to please God. Jesus spoke to God all the time. Morning, noon, night, all the time.

Unborn Child - WEll can't say much, he's or she's not here. LOL

Jesus Christ - What can I say about this man that hasn't been said. He gave up his life for us. That is fact, there is no drama about that fact. He came to die for us. Imagine the pain he went through. Picture them punching Jesus, spitting on him and he asks he father to forgive them. What a man. It's to bad the world doesn't know the real reasons why he had to come to Earth in the first place.

Jehovah - The person who gave us life. The person who sent his son. Imagine how he felt watching his son die. I know it was hard for him. Did Jehovah cry? There is no scripture that I found that suggests that he did but we know he does hurt. We know our actions can hurt him, we know what others do to us does hurt him. I love my father Jehovah very much and when I feel I disappoint him, I get depressed and pray. He is the last person I want to disappoint. I love him very much and often ask for his holy spirit to guide me and my thoughts.

Till Thursday.

No comments: