Tuesday, October 20, 2009

talk coming up, week of Nov 2nd

Although I don't know exactly what the counsel point is, I figured I would complete the talk just in case. What I have so far is this:

Almost every day you hear reports that a child has been kidnapped or murdered. As a parent of 5 children, I can only imagine how hard it must be to lose a child. I‘ve watched mothers and fathers beg for their children to be returned, only to find out later that their child has been murdered.

Some do return but most don’t. The pain you feel when losing someone you love especially if it's a child is one of most difficult things anyone can go through. When I was younger, I lost my father. When he died I felt as if a part of me was gone. I questioned why things were they way they were. Shortly after my father passed, I received a knock at the door that changed my life. I learned the true condition of the dead which gave me hope that someday I would see this man again. I learned about Jesus and those who were resurrected.

One that was resurrected was Lazarus. When Lazarus died, Jesus cried. John chapter 11 verse 35 says that Jesus gave way to tears. Jesus knew that Lazarus could be brought back to life but he cried. He cried because he loved this family, he saw that many were in pain and it was because of this pain, the intense emotions were going on that caused Jesus to cry. Jesus was also aware that he to would soon face death. When Jesus was on Earth, he told his disciples that he would be killed but he also told them that he would return. Let’s read that account, please open your bibles to Luke Chapter 9 verse 22. “The Son of man must undergo many sufferings and be rejected by the older men and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised up.

So here we read that Jesus will suffer and will be killed but he also says that he will return on the third day. Jesus had full confidence that his father Jehovah would resurrect him. Does that mean that Jehovah didn’t feel pain at seeing his son die because he knew that he would bring is son back? Remember Jesus felt pain because of Lazarus and wasn’t Lazarus brought back? Jehovah loves his son Jesus very much. It's hard to find the words to describe the pain Jehovah felt but, Can you imagine the Joy Jehovah felt at seeing Jesus again.

After Jesus died, he was placed in his tomb and on the third day he was resurrected. Now the disciples shouldn’t have been surprised because Jesus told them he would return on the third day, they wanted to believe that Jesus was alive again but it seemed too good to be true. Then Jesus appears to his disciples when they are all gathered in a room. Imagine the Joy they must have felt to see Jesus again.

Aren’t we glad to know that Jehovah remembers those who serve him. The fact that Jehovah sent his only-begotten son should tell us, just how he feels about us. We can see that Jehovah did not forget about his son and we can have the confidence that he will not forget about us.


In the beginning, I talked about my father, what I didn’t mention is how he died. He died from drugs, heroin to be exact but notice what this scripture has to say, open your bibles Acts chapter 24 verse 15. And it reads: and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. Knowing these things should cause us to want to know how we can make Jehovah Happy. If we happen to die in this system, Jehovah will remember us, just as he remembered his son.
.................................................
That's what I got so far. It's a little personal because I did talk about my dad but I felt I needed to based on the subject that in truth we are all Jehovah's children. Anyway, have a great day.

No comments: