Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let me just be clear

A few things happened today that I feel I must address. First, I did make a post about talked about Education. This is what I said in that post.

.......................................................................................
How much secular education should we pursue? This may vary, But if the job market calls for training in addition to the minimum required by law, it is up to parents to guide their children in making a decision about supplementary education or training, weighing both the potential benefits and the drawbacks of such additional studies.

What, though, should be one’s motive in choosing further education when that may appear necessary? Certainly not riches, self-glory, or praise. Remember the lesson we learned from Jesus’ example—education should be used to bring praise to Jehovah. If we choose further education, our motivation should be the desire to support ourselves adequately so that we can serve Jehovah as fully as possible in the Christian ministry.
.....................................................................................
I also mentioned

But to his disciples Jesus gave the counsel: Stop storing up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, because none of such possessions last forever. Rather, he said, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, by serving Jehovah. He urged his followers to keep their eye “simple,” focusing their attention on just one thing, the doing of God’s will.
.....................................................................................

The reason I bring this up is simple. Education is very important and although it would seem as if it's a pain in the butt, when applying for that Job, the education received is often times looked at more so than the other information on the application.

Since we don't really know how far till this system is over, it would be wise to continue education because we don't know what the future holds for any of us. If Education is getting in the way of your spiritual needs then your spiritual needs have to come first. There is nothing wrong with College or obtaining skills that will help you as an adult.

If you are a woman and getting married and wish to be at home, then the husband must take the lead in terms of work. This could be a blessing because you can devote time in the ministry. That's a job in itself. Sisters I know are out everyday knocking on doors or doing street work spreading the good news.

But what if the husband cannot find a job what is the wife to do? Maybe the wife can help by looking for a job as well. This is where education could be key because he or she may have a better shot at getting the job. If the job gets in the way of her spiritual needs then what should a person do? You know that answer already.

Point is this...We don't know what could happen to us. Each day that begins is another day that could end us in terms of our life. Today I spoke to Jesse about various subjects and asked him if he was going to get married to Cedes. He said Yes, he loves her with all his heart. He is waiting for her so they can get married.

But what if we were driving one day and got into a car accident? It would be sad but it could happen in this system? It's better to be prepared than to not be prepared which is why Jesse is going to school, then a trade, then back to school but while doing those things he will make sure Jehovah is first.

He wants to make sure he can provide for his wife but as mentioned there is a chance that it may take two to help run the household in terms of paying rent or bills. It's better to be prepared than not to be prepared. So Education is important. Not the most important thing but very important.

Now when I mentioned in the beginning that a few things happened today. Maybe someday I will post the entire story as I see it and I'm sure I won't get it all correct but I will do my best. I received an email and had to be clear on Education. I had to be clear on Jesse's feelings that he is indeed waiting and that He will Marry this girl that he truly loves. I was very clear.

I can post the email if needed but the email was sent from a concerned parent. As a parent I can understand. He was concerned over the goals of their daughter as well as her education. I clearly stated that there is nothing wrong with being a housewife. My wife is a housewife and trust me, she works very hard. I'm glad I'm not in her position.

We are not rich and we live simple and I think that's why everything has worked in terms of money. Although I think she spend a little to much on Ebay. LOL She won't say so but in the course of a month Its about $200 to $300.00 a month on Ebay. That's about a car payment.

It worked out because I'm still alive and so far nothing has happened to me, we are prepared if something does. I'll go more into this subject because it's important. Till then...

No comments: