Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday

As mentioned on last weeks post. I would have given my life for my friends. That's how close of a connection I thought we had. When I learned the truth, it all changed. When you learn the truth it feels as if your eyes have been opened. You wonder why you haven't heard of this before. It's an amazing feeling.

I wanted to share what learned. It didn't work out because when you learn the truth, you have to change your life. You have to change your speech. You have to change your conduct. You have to change the way you think and act. My friends didn't understand that.

Was it the witnesses doing that to me? Did they force me? Of course not. I just looked at things this way. If I had a chance to meet Jesus. How would I act? What would I say? How would I look? I knew that I had to change.

If that meant that they wouldn't be my friends anymore then so be it. I had to choose what I wanted in life. As time went on I didn't see them because I didn't go to places that I would normally hang out.

I knew that if I wanted to please Jehovah, that I would have to distance myself from any negative influences. Drugs, smoking, Alcohol, speech, and how I dressed all changed.

My wife did the same thing. Her friends were a bad influence on her. I'll talk about that later.

Today, I see some of my old friends from time to time. Things are different now. Most of them are still the same meaning doing the same things. Some of them are in jail while others are dead. I can't help but think that could have been me!

We all have friends that we see every now and then who are not witnesses. Difference is we don't do what they do and we limit our association with them so that they cannot influence me or my family in any way.

When I was in that kind of life, most of my time was spent in Jail. I haven't been in trouble with the law since I was 22. I am now 36. I am so thankful that Jehovah came into my life. He changed me and my family.

For example and this is today. My oldest son is very responsible. He takes his service to Jehovah seriously. He makes it to all meetings even if my wife and I cannot go. I told him this morning when I dropped him off at school that he is more responsible that most adults I know.

He knows what needs to be done and takes care of it. This is his last year of High School. We have plans but they involve spiritual matters. We talk about his future and who they involve in terms of his future wife and where he will stay.

We look forward to the future but we know and he knows that it will only be successful if Jehovah is included and not just included but first in his life. He knows this. I'm very proud....Till tomorrow.

No comments: