Thursday, August 13, 2009

Call me Old

Well, maybe not to old but I mean old fashioned. When I was younger I knew that the woman I married would be it. When I said I do, that meant till death do us part. I'm a very devoted husband. I love my wife very much. Marriage is sacred but today many in this world do not treat it that way. Its a game to many. They can turn off love as if it was a light switch.

Today I love you, tomorrow I don't. He loves me, he loves me not remember that? Marriage is not a game. Its to be taken very seriously. Jesus gave an illustration about two men. A wise man who built his house on solid rock and a foolish one who built on sandy soil. When a storm arose, and flood waters and winds lashed the houses, the one on the solid rock stood, but the one on the sand fell.

What is the point of his illustration. He wasn't teaching people how to build houses. Look at the point. He was emphasizing the need to build lives on a fine foundation. This is true of marriage. If we build our marriage on a rocklike foundation, it will stand the stresses of life but again many in this world build on sand so to speak.

I have been with my wife for 21 years. I was 15 years old. About half my life. Yes we were young and stupid because we did do stupid things but I will be 100 percent honest. If it was not for Jehovah, we would not be together today but even before I came into the truth, I knew that the girl I married would be it for me. Yes call me old fashioned.

There are many things that should be viewed as precious. As a father of two girls and I won't have to worry about it for sometime, virginity is also sacred but like marriage, many in the world don't view it that way. Being a virgin in the past was a honor but today if you are a virgin the world views you as if something was wrong?

As far as God is concerned, virginity in a young man or woman is not only normal but clean and holy! But I love him, but I love her....

Let me tell you from experience, because I saw it all growing up. There is a girl we know. Her name is Stacy. Stacy had intercourse with her boyfriend at a very young age. She ended up pregnant. Everything was ok with their relationship till Stacy found out that her boyfriend was cheating on her with another.

They broke up and after a few months, Stacy found another guy who she really loved. She got pregnant again. The guy didn't cheat on her, he left her. Their relationship lasted for about 2 or 3 months, I can't remember but now she has two children from two different guys and all of this was under the age of 17.

This sounds like a story you hear often because it is a story you hear often. We know this other girl her name is Bernadette. She was a nice person but loved to flirt. I don't know if she was a virgin but I do know of a story surfaced about her and rape. She went out with this guy who she thought loved her. They went to Dolores Park one day. Her and her boyfriend along with three of his friends. After some drinking she got drunk. Her boyfriend and the other guys ended up raping her.

She didn't realize what she was doing and the entire time they were together which was about 1 month, she thought that he loved her. She did call the police and they were arrested. She ended up finding another guy who sold drugs. The guy got her hooked up drugs and she started selling herself on the street.

The last time I saw her which was maybe 4 years ago. She didn't look like the guy I knew. She was very skinny. Her face looked like death and she was on the corner of 17th and mission which is known for drugs prostitutes. I felt very bad for her but of course growing up where I did, I saw tons of that. One of my best friends when I was younger, his sister became a prostitute. Very sad.

All of this starts somewhere and before you know it, you could end up dead or end up like Bernadette or even Stacy. Maybe some of you reading now are doing through this. The saying " I wish I knew then what I know now " I've said that many times and I tell my son because he is 16 what I know now. Jesse is waiting for marriage. He respects Jehovah. He respects his parents. He is saving himself to share that special moment with his wife. When I told my co-worker about Jesse being a virgin. He's response was " Wow, that's amazing "

It's not that amazing with Jehovah's people. We respect the value of marriage. Call it old fashioned but Jehovah's words even today are not out dated.

A wise man once said " It's wisdom to listen to someone who is wise "

Till tomorrow...Have a great day.

No comments: