Monday, June 14, 2010

To add

Divorce is never the answer. I remember I said to myself that the woman I marry would be it and that I would always be with her. I expect the same for my children when they marry.

In a marriage there is always going to be problems. There are no perfect marriages. You won't find one in this system. How you handle your problems will only make it stronger. My marriage for example is great. It's healthy. It is because of Jehovah that it is healthy.

Scriptures tell us that two must become one flesh. Genesis 2:24 says A man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.

Being one flesh means that the both male and female become one. How to get to that level is another. I have known many who's marriages fail because of failure to pay attention to the other, failure to love the other, failure to help the other, failure to care for the others needs.

Paying the bill every month doesn't show love. Putting food on the table doesn't show love. That's called responsibility. You would do that even if you didn't have a mate or children.

There is more to it than that. If you have kids. Have you ever just held them? When was the last time you told them you loved them? As they age they may not want to hear it or be held but telling them isn't going to hurt.

I'll add more later.

No comments: