Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday

I woke up very early this morning so I could look at the skies as the sun came up. I heard the birds sing their morning songs. I thought of those who have helped me in life as well and those I've helped. The thought always crosses my mind " Did I do enough "

Should I gave gone back even though they showed very little interest in the truth? These and many other thoughts pop in my mind at any given moment. There have been times when I woke up early in the morning because I had a random thought.

I would write down what my thought was and come back to it. What caused me to wake up early to see things is simple and yet powerful. It was a thought that popped in my mind that was already told to me. It was the fact that Our time on this version of the Earth is short.

I say this version of the Earth. This version which is full of pain, full of sadness, full of death, sickness, homeless people, drug addicts, STD's, etc..

You name it, this version of the Earth has it but yet there are moments like the sunset or the birth of a baby or holding the one you love that could make you think that everything is ok. This is the part where I pinch myself and remind myself that as soon as I step out the door of my home, evil can begin.

I say Evil because you hear it all around you in terms of foul language. You see it all around you in terms of people fighting, you smell it all around you in terms of people smoking or doing drugs. It can even come from those who are our friends or family. Even in our own home there could be reminders on just how sick this world is.

And I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth........

I think of that scripture and remind myself that like Death, it's only temporary. Real life has yet to begin. Real life folks. Where you can leave your door open without having to worry about someone stealing anything from you. Where you can leave your children to play outside and without having to worry about someone taking them.

Where you can walk down the street and not worry about anyone hurting you. Many in the United States put hope in Obama. Truth is, he may mean well but he cannot solve all our of problems. Don't put your faith in any man for he cannot solve all your problems.

They can't even cure the common cold. Imagine a world where nobody is sick. Imagine a world where everyday you wake up next to the one you love without having to worry that one day you will never see them again. I mentioned this before and I'll say it again. I can't imagine my life without my wife. She feels the same but the both of us know that we don't ever have to say goodbye. Imagine a world with no death. I already miss her just typing this.

After 20+ years we are still very much in love and look forward to our future. Till tomorrow... Have a great day.

No comments: