Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh really?

Parents do we listen to our children? Do we hear them when they cry out? Do we spend the time to listen to them when they have issues? Sadly most Parents don't and even if they did make the time, they may not listen. As a Parent myself, I know I make mistakes but I know my children can teach me things. It's important as a Parent to listen to our children. It's important to take into consideration what our children are saying.

Today we are slaves to technology. We are slaves to entertainment. Parents don't spend enough time with their children. They teach their children by putting them in front of a TV and push play on the DVD player. They put them in front of a computer and surf the net or play games.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with watching tv or surfing the internet, but what I am saying is this, there is something wrong if your child is learning language by playing a dvd. There is something wrong when a child is searching the internet for advise on life.

Often times the advise given is the wrong advise given and can lead them down a road that you wish they wouldn't have taken. This is because of the limited amount of time being spent with our children.

I will repeat, our children can teach us things. We just need to hear them when they say it............................

Till Monday, have a great weekend.

No comments: