Monday, February 2, 2009

What will I say?

Those were the thoughts I had when thinking of my father. What will I say when I see him again. What will be the first thing that I say to him? I think that at first, I wouldn't be able to say anything. I think the first thing I would do is grab him and just hold him. I would be afraid to let go. I would thank Jehovah so much for making it possible to see and hold him again.

Recall that when he died, I tried to pull him out of this coffin. If anyone has lost a loved one which I'm sure you have, you can imagine how I felt. When I learned that someday I would see him again and that God promised this, I was so happy. But this kind of Gift came with a price. It meant that I needed to learn his ways, that I needed to stick to his ways, and that I needed to change my life. I needed to put on the new personality.

What I was doing would not work. I had to give up drugs which wasn't a big deal since I was never hooked. I had to give up smoking which was a bit harder but I was able to do it. I had to give up my foul language which was very hard because my mouth was very bad. Every other work was a bad word but even then I still had to change many things. I had to look out for my association because if they smoked or did drugs then chances are that I would wouldn't quit.

I had to change and really seeing my father again was worth it but that wasn't the only thing that I learned. Seeing my father was a bonus but how would I get to see him if I wasn't there myself. Jehovah promised everlasting life for me and not only me but also my wife and children provided that they stuck his ways as well.

As parents we are responsible for our children but if our children is at an age where they can make their own choices spiritually then its on them since the scriptures tell us that each one carries his or her own load. So in review, this is what was promised

1. Everlasting life for me and my family
2. I would see my father again here on Earth

or

1. Go old and die and watch my family die or they watch me die
2. The cycle repeats itself not just with me, but my kids, their kids, etc...

Which sounds better to you? You might reason with me and say well when I die I would like to go to Heaven and be with the Father. That sounds nice to but wouldn't it hurt just a little that your children are now in pain, and their children will be in pain, and their children will be in pain. The cycle repeats over and over. God did not intend things to be this way. He didn't with Adam and Eve. He sent Jesus in order to clear things up.

In life we have choices to make. We have two roads we can take. One that leads to death and one that leads to life. God doesn't force anyone and all that he asks from us is to listen to him. To see my father again is great but to wake up by my wife's side each day forever is truly a blessing. To see my children never get sick, never suffer and only cry because they are to happy to hold in the tears is a blessing. To see their children happy and never dying.

All of these things are possible with God it's not impossible. Think about it, God created you and I. Created the universe, created all the planets, all the animals but yet he would have a hard time giving us everlasting life? All things are possible with God. The only thing that God cannot do is lie. If he said that he will wipe out ever tear, he will. If he said that Death will be no more, then death will be no more. Everything that God has told us will happen. It's up to us if we want to be in God's new system. It's up to us if we want to remain in this old system which will come to an end. It's all up to us......

No comments: