Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We found out!!!!!

That we are having a boy. This weekend we went to a place that gives 4D Ultrasound and we were able to see the baby. My mother in law and all my kids were there to share the exciting news. For a few months we wondered just what the baby would be and now that we know it comes down to the name.

What we were thinking of was Joshua but we are also thinking of Joesph which is my wife's fathers name. He died when she was really young. He died in his sleep. So since this is our last child we were thinking that would be a great name for the new baby.

This weekend out in service was amazing. Let me just tell you just a few experiences. We knocked on this one door and this woman answered. Well, Jesse knocked on the door. Before she came to the door we noticed signs that said beware of Dog so of course that told us that she had a dog. Jesse knocked and started to talk to the Lady when her Dog which was a big dog came to the door as well.

She then said to her Dog, Jesse go over there. Then Jesse my son not the dog said to the woman Wow, that's my name. We all started laughing. Then after Jesse offered a bible study, the woman declined but was willing to accept the awake and watchtower. When we started to leave, Jesse asked the Woman's name and she said her name was Arlene which is my wife's name. LOL

Her Dog was Jesse which is my son's name and her name was Arlene which is my wife's name. That was very interesting. Another door we knocked on was this gentleman who didn't believe in God or the Bible. He mentioned that it's all make believe and that the bible isn't real. So I asked him, if I could give an illustration which I did. I said to him " Let's say I told you that I could tell the future. Then I said you can test me. So then you asked me what the lotto numbers were for next week and I gave them to you. You go play and wait till the day Lotto gives out the numbers. You are shocked to find that the number I gave you were all accurate and you won.

You are now thinking that I must have been lucky so you come back to me and ask me for next weeks numbers, you wait and win again. That goes on for a few months. After a few months you ask just how am I doing this. I then say, I told you, I can tell the future. Then I ask you, do you believe me and because my words were always accurate and true you say " YES "

That's exactly what the bible is. The bible contains scripture that tells the future and since it's always been proven by man that the bible accounts were accurate it must mean that's it true. So this is what I told the man that bible prophecy contained in the bible came true before it happened. That was proven by man. So like those lotto numbers that were always accurate and that guy who received the numbers believed that I could tell the future, well it's like the bible. It gives accurate information that told the future. It's a book you can believe in.

After giving the guy the illustration, he didn't grasp what I was trying to say. So I asked him if he wanted a bible study or if I could come back so we can discuss why he feels the way he does. He declined but I thought it was an interesting chat. I looked over and saw a brother laughing at me. I asked him why? The brother said that he knocked on the door and the guy said the same thing to him. LOL I told the brother, thanks!!

Then there was this other door that a kid answered and his parent came so during our chat I asked this kid to finish this song and if he knew it. He didn't so I gave the answer away and left him and his parent laughing at the door. It was a great day out in field service. Combined with finding out that we are having a baby boy, this weekend was indeed a great weekend.

Till Tomorrow......

No comments: