Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The feeling that you are alone

If you are thinking of becoming a witness and feel alone because you feel as if you have no support, think again. You have the support of Jehovah, Jesus, All Angels, and of course the entire organization of brothers and sisters. The choice to become a witness is not easy.

Most will say that you are brainwashed. Most will say that we are a cult. Most will say that we twist the scriptures. Most will say that we break up families. If you are a teenager, parents may say take things away because you want to become a witness. Some may even say that because I post the way I do, that I twist and turn my words.

In this blog I've covered many things. I've given examples and backed it up with scripture. My own brother called me brainwashed. If you recall, I was headed toward two places if it wasn't for Jehovah. One would have been Jail or the other would have been the grave. Because of Jehovah, I became who I am today. My marriage remains intact because of Jehovah. My teenage son does not do drugs, does not use foul language, does not sleep around with any girls. He has goals in life and the important goal to him is to serve God. Brainwashed? Far from it. I'm a happy and proud father. I know exactly how I was and I apologized to my mother because of the way I was. I'm a proud father.

I've touched on the cult thing. Cults have secrets, cults have closed doors, cults worship one man. I can go on and on. We are not and have never been like that. Our doors are open to the public. Anyone can learn. Think of this for a second. Everyday brothers and sisters in the rain, in the snow, and in the heat are knocking on doors trying to spread a message. It's the same message that Jesus himself told us to spread. There is nothing about us that we keep secret. You can read all about us on our website. You can check what we believe in backed up by scripture. We are not a cult. Let me repeat...We are not a cult. We are loving, we are caring, we love one another, we are united in Faith, we are peaceful.

We just don't do most of the things the world considers ok. Because of this difference we are called names. We are made fun of in movies. We are called a cult. Those that know me on a personal level should see that my family does not belong to a cult. As mentioned most will say that we twist scripture. This is far from the truth.

Ephesians chapter 1 verse 9 it reads " that he made known to us the sacred secret of his will. It is according to his good pleasure which he purposed in himself"

2nd Corinthians chapter 4 verse 3&4 reads " If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through"

These two scriptures sums it up. It's not that we twist scripture, we don't. We study constantly. We have Jehovah's Holy Spirit to Guide us. He has shown us what is closed off to the rest of the world. 2nd Corinthians says that this God of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, might not shine through meaning not all will understand or accept what is written in scripture. It's not that we twist, our lives show that we live by what is mentioned in scripture. We don't just say that we love God our lives show that we do and thus try and teach others what we have learned.

Jesus taught his followers, his followers taught others, others taught others and the rest is history. Somewhere in history there were dark ages where the truth of scripture was lost. I will post that later but the point is very simple. God created Adam and Eve. He told them to become fruitful and fill the earth. They were not created to Die. He told them that if they ate, they would die. It did not mean that once they took a bite they would fall to the ground, it meant that they lost that right to live forever thus they died. If they never ate, they would be here this very day. Because they sinned they spread sin to all of mankind. Adam was perfect and it took a perfect man like Jesus to buy back what Adam has lost. The right to live forever. Study of scripture will give you an understanding of why Jesus needed to come in the first place.

I mentioned that they say most will say we break up families which again is not true. Most of the time it's families who are tired of hearing us preach. They don't like the fact that we don't get drunk with them. They don't like the fact that we don't do drugs with them. They don't like the fact that we don't use foul language like they do. We live by bible Standard and most of them do not or most of them claim to live by bible standards when really they live by their own standard. Take for example my brother. We don't speak and the last thing he said to me was that I was brainwashed. I never asked him not to speak to me, he didn't speak to me. It wasn't the other way around.

If my family loves me, they have to accept the fact that I love Jehovah. They have to accept the fact that I'm not leaving Jehovah. Jehovah is more important to me than my family. He will never be second to anyone. I love Jehovah more than I love myself. So, it's not that I don't get along with my family at all it's that they have to accept my faith. They have to accept who I am. My mother does, my sister does, my other brothers do and some of my friends do. If they do and I'll use a line from forest gump, we will be like peaches and carrots.

Till tomorrow......I'm hoping to post the video showing the baby so stay tuned.

No comments: