Monday, February 9, 2009

Sickness

That's exactly what happened, I was sick as a dog as the expression goes so sorry for the delay. As mentioned most in my house were sick. My wife is still sick. She is going to the Doctors today to make sure all is well with the baby. Speaking of the baby, we are thinking that if it's a girl her name will be

1. Abigail

And if it's a boy we are thinking

1. Joshua

It's still up in the air on names but I think it's set for a girl. The boy's name is still up in the air. We don't have any middle names just yet but we have plenty of time to think of one. Because the baby is one it's way of course we have to move things around our house to make room. I am so thankful that we own our house because we can modify, add, or remove whatever we wish.

Few things I said I would do or talk about on this blog that I have yet to get to and don't worry I haven't forgotten. Tomorrow is my bible reading and although I'm ready, I normally go over it several times before I have to get on stage and read. So with that I will talk to you tomorrow and before I forget, here is the scripture of the day.


Why, O Jehovah, do you keep standing afar off? Why do you keep yourself hid in times of distress?—Ps. 10:1.

The prophet Habakkuk once asked: “How long, O Jehovah, must I cry for help, and you do not hear? How long shall I call to you for aid from violence, and you do not save? Why is it that you make me see what is hurtful, and you keep looking upon mere trouble?” (Hab. 1:2, 3) Habakkuk and David, the psalmist who wrote the words, were faithful men who had a great deal of respect for God. Were they rebuked for raising such troubling questions? On the contrary, Jehovah saw fit to have their sincere questions recorded in his Word. Today, a person who struggles with the prevalence of evil may actually be hungering spiritually—longing for answers that only the Bible can provide. Remember, Jesus spoke well of those who are “conscious of their spiritual need.” (Matt. 5:3) What a privilege it is to help such ones find the happiness that Jesus promised!

No comments: