Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Monday

Well last night I didn't get a good nights sleep. There are a few things going on in my life at the moment that I will share. First I want to say that I'm very proud of Jesse. Jesse took the steps needed in order to move forward spiritually. It wasn't easy for him to change and yes he did cry at times but his goals in life is putting God first in everything he does. In life you can get sidetracked. You can get involved with other wants. Be it temptation or what this world has to offer. He saw the road he was headed toward. He wanted off that road but wasn't sure how to get back on the road to life. He made the moves in order to correct himself spiritually.

It got me thinking. Can anyone do the same? Give up everything to please God. That means putting your wife, your children, and yourself second. Can anyone do that? For those who aren't into religion you can stop reading till tomorrow. Those that are, continue. I mean putting your mother, your father second. Matthew 10:37 says He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. It's clear that you cannot put God second in your life. You have to put God first and that's exactly what Jesse is doing.

I didn't go to Jesse and say you have to do these things. I have no right to tell him how he should worship God. I have no right to tell him how he needs to find God. God is bigger than I am. Who am I to stop Jesse when it comes to his faith or what relationship he has with God. Not that I want to stop him, I'm very proud of him. It reminded me of my brother who stated that I was being brainwashed. I wasn't being brainwashed. I allowed the scriptures to change me. I got to know God personally through his word the bible. I learned over the years what he requires and what I need to do in order to live up to his standards. No one was going to stop me. Not my mother, father, brother, or sister. Nobody was going to stop me from serving God the way I felt was right for me.

Yes my mother took me to church. I didn't feel spiritually connected to it. I felt and I hope I don't offend, I felt as if they did not have accurate knowledge. Then I thought about those in the time of Jesus. They were religious were they not? Jesus exposed them at Matthew 23:29-36. He called them hypocrites, serpents, and offspring of vipers. He stated that because even though they claimed to be religious, they did not practice what they preached and we can see the same today. That brings to question, does all religions please God? When Jesus was on Earth it didn't. So it's safe to say that not all religions please God. Keep in mind the scripture found at Matthew 7:17-23 where it states Not everyone saying to me Lord,Lord, will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name? And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

This is what Jesus said so it shows that not all religions please God. It's clear based on two facts. One Jesus said it and two which day is he talking about? Of course its a day that has yet to arrive but what Jesus is also saying is that many will come to him that day thinking that they were doing right even though they were doing wrong. You cannot please God only on Sundays. Doing right by God starts from the moment you awake, from the moment you sleep. Putting God first means you live by his standards 24hrs a day. Jesus did it, his followers did it, and we can do it to and that's what Jesse is trying to do.

So with religion and based on the scripture posted, a person would have to look at each religion and see who is living by bible standards. A few simple things you can look at

1. If you smoke and are claiming to worship God? Are you in the right one?

2. Do you say bad words? Well would Jesus use bad words? No then you shouldn't

3. Do you lie, steal, cheat on your wife?

4. Do you bow down to images such as crosses or idols? Scripture tells us not to

5. Are you involved with war? Meaning Killing other people?

6. Do you have more than one God?

7. Do you believe in hell?

8. Do you honor your wife, does she respect her husband?

9. Do you hurt your children?

I can go on and on but the point is if you practice these things, things that Jesus would not approve of based on scripture, can you honestly say that you are serving God the way he wants to be served or are you serving God the way you want to serve him? Instead of bashing on me, think about what is posted for a moment and be honest with yourself.

It was a big step that Jesse took. I saw him become a man before my very eyes. He humbled himself and took the right steps to correct himself. Yes he is hurting and yes he gave up much but he is putting God first. Putting God first if you are a child also means that you honor your mother and father. Be respectful. Your conduct can also show if you are serving God. If you are a child and are screaming at your parents, can you honestly say that God approves of that? Would you yell and scream at your heavenly father? As imperfect as we are we make mistakes. As parents we make mistakes. It doesn't mean we don't love you. It doesn't mean that we don't want the best for you. Keep that in mind. Till tomorrow

No comments: