Friday, September 19, 2008

Few things for Friday

Well I finally had the long talk with mom about dad and it appears that I had the entire story wrong. If you read my blog you would know that there was always a question about who my father was. My Father is Mario Rivera. My father pictured here to the right smoking



was the only father I knew but as mentioned there was always a question as to if he indeed was my father. I spoke to my mother finally at length about the entire thing. It was stated to me when I was younger that my mother got pregnant and then my father went to prison. My mom shed light on that. She stated that wasn't true at all. My father was staying with his sister at the time. My mother said the both of them had on and off again type of relationship because of his drug habit. She would visit him over his sister's house. That's where she got pregnant. Because my skin came out light like my mother and not semi dark like my father, that's why some believed the story that got started by my father's grandmother. The only reason it got started was because my mom got into a heated argument over something stupid and then she said it.

My mom promised me up and down that there was no other and that she remained single for about 4 to 5 years till she met my little brothers father. I felt better. I always had questions but now feel like I can lay that part of my life to rest. Have a great weekend folks.

No comments: