Tuesday, December 1, 2009

More on Fear

Fear of men or fear of God? When I was younger I was never afraid of anything. I didn't care if I died, I didn't care if others from rival gangs died. Life didn't mean that much to me. I always took chances with my life.

The times I was in the hospital because of drugs or times I put guns to my head. This is the way I played. I would take a gun and put one bullet in it. I would spin the barrel and put the gun to my head and pull the trigger.

I had a 357, you know the Clint Eastwood special. I was so stupid. Out of all the times I pulled the trigger and not to get hit is amazing. I wasn't scared of anything till I fell in love. Then I was scared to lose my future wife. Then I had Jesse. I was now scared that they would get hurt someday.

I was never in fear of anything. Now I'm in fear of Jehovah. I'm afraid that I'm going to upset him. I do my best but at times feel that I can do more. So those words are always stuck in my head....

I can do more....

No comments: