Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I forgot

That Friday we are off work. The talk is complete. I'm going to post it on Thursday instead of Friday. I was asked the other day why do Witnesses think they are high and mighty.

I looked at that question puzzled. I asked " What is it that we do that makes you think that way? "

The answer given was interesting. " Because you guys don't party or act like everyone else" .

So then I said " Do you know why? "

I'm not sure was his answer. So I explained that it isn't because we feel that we are better than everyone else. It's because we live by Jehovah's Standards. Think of it as a team. Let's say a basketball team. If you don't meet the requirements, can you make the team? Once you make the team, can you do what ever you want or maintain so you can remain on the team?

If Jehovah says that we shouldn't get drunk, then should we not listen to Jehovah and get drunk anyway?

If scripture says that bad association spoils useful habits, should we go out and do what our so-called friends do?

Everything that Jehovah has said is for our protection. Since he is the creator, shouldn't he know what is best for us? So it's not that we think we are better, it's because we do our best to live within his standards.

And because we live by Jehovah's standards, the world doesn't understand and will talk about us. We will lose friends. We will lose family.

Matthew 10:37 applies here when Jesus stated: “He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.”

So, then, is it best for you to have a few short years of life now in this system, or eternal life in the new system of things? Weigh the alternatives, think about it and then make your decision.

As mentioned it doesn't matter what anyone says. Most will say negative things because they don't understand what is means to live by bible standards because most standards are low. I don't have to say it. All you have to do is look at how someone lives their life. When it comes to clothing, their speech, their association. You can tell if they are following God or not.

Then you have to look in the mirror and ask yourself. " Am I living up to his standards? " If you aren't, then what's stopping you. Nothing....It's you....

Till tomorrow.

No comments: