Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last post coming next week

June 2nd 2008 was my very first post. I have enjoyed writing about my faith and I hope that I have encouraged others to continue in this fight we have in this system and I hope I have encouraged others to want to learn about our religion.

I often included my family in many of my topics. I have talked about my struggles in life and my hopes for the future but I'm going to get straight to the point. The talk that I am working on is going to be my last post. It isn't a talk that I'm giving on stage but it is a talk made for this blog.

It's title " What does the Truth mean to you "

You might ask why quit after more than a year of writing. Well I read something tonight that kinda shocked me. I didn't read the entire thing because there was way to many bad words and I was offended by them. It wasn't directed toward me in any way but to someone else and so I thought to myself, does it really make a difference that a bad word isn't spoken from a person's lips vs reading language that is said from others?

If I went to a friends house and that friend started to smoke weed but I didn't smoke weed. Should I remain in that house and reason with myself " Well I'm not smoking so it's ok that I be here " That kind of reasoning makes no sense. It's the loop hole many find in order to please their conscience. I'm ok with it because I didn't do it. Suppose I'm in a car with a friend and he's blasting music that talks about a person's private parts or someone killing someone else. Can I use the excuse that I'm just the passenger?

It's bad enough that we are surrounded by all this garbage why include ourselves in this garbage and use the excuse that " Well it's not me " Again, we include ourselves. We get caught up in it like some Jerry Springer show. I understand that you cannot limit all the garbage you hear. It's impossible in this system but why even include yourself in it. I just don't understand.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense because we cannot bring our so called friends to the new system. At some point, they have to be left behind. Which leads me to my final post. What does the Truth mean to you.

Sit, relax, close your eyes, get a soda, tea, or coffee and just think of that topic. What does the Truth mean to you. One sentence in my talk is this " If it means that much to you, then how come your life doesn't reflect it "

Anyway, thank you for listening....Till next week.......

No comments: