Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Final Talk

Well I added the finishing touches last night. I am ready for my talk. Here it is..
...................................................................................
Every day we hear reports that a child has been kidnapped or murdered. I‘ve watched mothers and fathers beg for their children to be returned. As a parent, I fear that I may lose a child in this system.

The pain you feel when losing someone you love especially if it's a child is one of most difficult things anyone can go through. When I was younger, I lost my father. When he died I felt as if a part of me was gone. I asked myself. Why do we suffer? Why do we die?
Shortly after, I received a knock at the door that changed my life. I learned of the resurrection and true condition of the dead which gave me hope that someday I would see him again. I learned about Jesus and those who were resurrected.

One that was resurrected was Lazarus. When Lazarus died, Jesus cried. Jesus knew that Lazarus could be brought back to life but yet he cried. He did so because he loved this family. He saw that many were in pain
John chapter 11 verse 35 says that Jesus gave way to tears. Imagine the Joy they felt at seeing Lazarus again.
Jesus was also aware that he too would soon face death. When Jesus was on Earth, he told his disciples that he would be killed but, he also told them that he would return. Let’s read that account, please open your bibles to Luke Chapter 9 verse 22.

So here we read that Jesus will suffer, which he did and will be killed which he was but, he also said that he will return on the third day. Jesus didn’t resurrect himself? He had full confidence that his father Jehovah would resurrect him. Does that mean that Jehovah didn’t feel pain at seeing his son die because he knew that he would bring is son back?
Remember Jesus felt pain because of Lazarus and wasn’t Lazarus brought back? Jehovah loves his son Jesus very much. It's hard to find the words to describe the pain that any Father could have at losing a child. But Imagine the Joy Jehovah felt at seeing his son again.

Now the disciples shouldn’t have been surprised because Jesus told them he would return, they wanted to believe that Jesus was alive again but it seemed too good to be true. Then Jesus appears to his disciples when they are all gathered in a room. Imagine the Joy his disciples felt seeing Jesus again.

Aren’t we glad to know that Jehovah remembers those who serve him? The fact that Jehovah sent his only-begotten son should tell us, just how he feels about us.

In the beginning, I talked about my father, what I didn’t mention is how he died. He died from drugs, but notice what this scripture has to say, open your bibles Acts chapter 24 verse 15. And it reads:
Knowing these things should cause us to want to know how we can make Jehovah Happy. If we happen to pass away in this system or lose a loved one in this system, Jehovah will remember us, just as he remembered his son.
.....................................................................................

I love giving talks. It's fun and exciting. After tonight, we will begin on Jesse's talk. I have to help him because he is sick at the moment and hasn't done anything but sleep. I'm excited about his talk. hehehe

I'm hoping to get Audio of it. Anyway, have a great day.

No comments: