Monday, August 18, 2008

My Thoughts for Today

Welcome to the most Emo Blog on the net. On weekends I normally try and post movies but I didn't have a chance to get to it. Trinidad aka SkullnBones was invited to a Black Temple Guild last weekend. I told Trinidad about the invite. The way he got this invite without filling out an app was because he helped that member complete a quest. He didn't know that member was an officer in this end game guild. So the invite was given. Their Raid days were on days that didn't conflict with anything that Trinidad was doing but he felt that he could not sit behind his desk for hours on hours trying to catch that carrot on a stick. He passed on it.

I was proud of him. I would love to see black temple and I know that I can if I really wanted to but at what cost? My Freedom. I just don't have that kind of time anymore but the problem is if I'm in a casual guild I get frustrated because if the guild is to casual and I want to see more end game, I'm sure all my frustrations will return. What I have learned is what I said in the beginning. That some not all but some people are only your friends if you are in the same guild. Some people may not talk to you again if you leave their guild. I've always said that it's your money every month and that you have every right to go where you feel you can better yourself. You have every right to go where you feel you need more. Guild Masters, Officers, and Class leads pay the same amount you do. You are in control of what you do with your toons. Don't feel bad because you think you have friends.

Truth is - you don't. Some people will turn on you because you leave the guild. They act as if they don't know you anymore. For me, I'm ok with that. I can live with that. When I receive emails from those who are frustrated as well, I wonder what prevents them from leaving their guild? If you are not happy and don't feel that your guild will progress then leave. It's really that simple. You have given enough of yourself and if you don't see movement and find yourself now leveling an alt well, it might just be time to leave since it's now your second, third, or maybe fourth alt that you have because you are waiting for something to happen. If you are ok with being in a casual guild then you have found your guild if not and you wish to have more then leave and join a guild who can meet your needs. It's as simple as that. Don't worry about the so called friends you think you made because in truth most aren't your friends. They are only your friends because you are in the same guild.

No comments: